Show us your oldies !

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Just having a general clean up of the office and took a quick shot of my old camera collection , who can name them all ??

Love to see some photos of your old cameras and do you use them, out of all of mine I only use one, wonder if you can guess which ;)

old%20cameras.jpg

Hi Andrew, yeah I've been told that before. The 135mm is also a CZJ but I'm not sure of the value. It's actually my mum and dads but it's lived at my house for a few years now. Maybe I should sell it. :LOL:

Thanks.

Yes Marcus, we're two peas in a pod mate ;)

I have too many cameras. I am a film cameraholic. I really am struggling to be a camera user rather than a camera collector. I decide, that's it - no more cameras, I want to concentrate on just using two or three, and strive to improve my creativity instead of being bogged down by technology. Then I spot something beautiful at a car boot sale, and I fall in love again.

Starting my camera contribution, I'm submitting something rather lo-fi.

7152475443_54b9c8c835_c.jpg

This has a place in my camera shelves, because, it is the first model of camera that I owned. I picked this one up at a car booty. My father bought me a new Kodak Instamatic 25 I' guess around 1971. Instamatics were the latest offering in the Kodak tradition of making snapshot photography easy and affordable. They used 126 cartridges of film - a paper backed 35mm film in a plastic cartridge that simply plugged into an Instamatic. They replaced earlier roll film Brownies, from the late 1960s.

Last edited:
Hi Andrew, yeah I've been told that before. The 135mm is also a CZJ but I'm not sure of the value. It's actually my mum and dads but it's lived at my house for a few years now. Maybe I should sell it. :LOL:

Prices on them vary quite a lot. I picked one up a few months ago on Ebay for around £60, but I got a bit of a bargain. Seem to vary between about 70-100. It's a great lens and worth keeping rather than selling IMO!

my first digital was an olympus C765 4Mp with a cracking good lens...and a small sensor
cheers
geof

Nice... the V500 is next on my list when funds allow :D

Keep an eye out for its predecessor, the Epson 4490; it has the same tech specs as the V500. The only difference is the light source and it's often cheaper.

Also worth looking out for the 4990 as well, which preceded the V700.

Back