Showaddywaddy

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
From Friday evening - just a couple. I was actually really impressed with the show - and it's good to see them still enjoying what they have been doing for so many years.

Dave Bartram
s_3.jpg

And just to show even things go wrong for professionals but they can laugh them off :)
s_41.jpg

His hairs a bit shorter these days lol

hehe yes it is a little shorter but the grin is intact

Sorry, artificial R'n'R, nothing like 50s for the real stuff.....

I agree - but not many of those are left to perform now are they ;-)

And of course - the real thing is not always the better

I thought the Real Thing were David Essex backing group and sang soul :shrug: :LOL: Nice shots BTW ;)

I agree - but not many of those are left to perform now are they ;-)
Plenty of the old guys still performing, many old yank R'n'Rers come over for the R'n'R weekenders...

Plenty of the old guys still performing, many old yank R'n'Rers come over for the R'n'R weekenders...

There certainly are. We have played at the last four Hemsby weekenders and there have been plenty of artists from the 50s playing such as Jack Earls, Art Adams, Alvis Wayne, Sid and Billy King, etc.

I appreciate that most people will not have heard of any of these but they do exist.

Plenty of current bands playing authentic 50s music too. My own included: http://www.myspace.com/lonesomevalleyboys

Above link includes some pictures of us performing with some of the names mentioned above (shameless self promotion!).

EDIT: I notice you are a Norfolk resident. Have you been to any of the Hemsby events?

Steve.

Last edited:
Good to see some other "Hep-Katz" on here.

Used to go to the Hemsby, Weymouth and Brean weekenders. Really good days. Can't beat the real 50's stuff. Still have all my old tapes and some vinyl.

Have to say I had a couple of Show' albums as a kid too but left them behind when I was introduced to the 'real-deal'.

Back