Shuttleworth Pageant - 5 September

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I couldn't make Duxford on Saturday and, having lived nearby for 30 years without having visisted the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden, decided to try their display on Sunday. Unfortunately the wind prevented some of the older aircraft flying but there was still enough of interest to make me want to visit on a non-flying day to see the aircraft up close and see another display. A selection of some favourites.

1) Bristol F.2B D-8096 (G-AEPH)
DSC_1128

2) Sopwith Pup 9917 (G-EBKY)
DSC_1172

3) Sopwith Triplane N6290 (G-BOCK)
DSC_1448

4) de Havilland DH60 Moths G-EBIR, G-EBWD, G-EBLV & DH82A Tiger Moth K2585 (G-ANKT)
DSC_0655

5) Hawker Hind K5414 (G-AENP)
DSC_1485

6) Avro 621 Tutor K3241 (G-AHSA)
DSC_0477

Even though I know little about the subject matter,I think these are a cracking set (y)
Hope you get a few more replies

Lovely series Andy, they are all really good. My fav is #2, to my eye it's such a pretty air craft.

Now these are my type of airplane(y) Old, classic, specially for a 'steady Eddy':LOL:

I bowed out of Duxford on Sunday, the pictures are great, love the old WW2 planes, but the Jets . . . you can keep them . . . :|

I used to live within a 40 minute drive of Shuttleworth . . . sadly not into pictures in those days. Was more into, making and flying the models then!!! These days its a 2 hour drive and to old to make or fly the models! :shrug:

Can I make one observation, I would prefer a little more contrast in the pictures, they seem just a tad over exposed to me, but I'm no expert, a bit picky???

CJS

Thanks for the comments, it's good to know that the older planes are appreciated as well as the newer stuff: there's nothing like the smell of castor oil:puke:

CJS - thanks for the comment about contrast and exposure: I was stuck at home unable to leave the house between end of April and 13 August and then had two weeks on holiday so didn't get to look at any photos on any monitor but mine at home. Using my work computer with a different monitor (set up for office tasks rather than photos) I can see what you mean: I've now tried tweaking contrast and think you're right.

To add a couple of slightly more up to date planes:

1) BBMF Lancaster
DSC_1234.jpg

2) Sea Hurricane
DSC_1354.jpg

Back