Shuttleworth Race Day Airshow

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Since my Canon 30D and lens is in for repair/service I thought I would experiment with my Panasonic TZ-60. I know this sort of camera is not really meant for this type of photography, and I can see why as I found it rather hard to 'track' the aircraft in the air, so with plenty of effort, I think I have got a few okay shots. I'm no pro at aircraft photography.

DH 89A Dragon Rapide by djmhughesuk, on Flickr

Lysander2 by djmhughesuk, on Flickr

Taylor JT2 Titch by djmhughesuk, on Flickr

Hurrican2 by djmhughesuk, on Flickr

Polikarpov Pro2 by djmhughesuk, on Flickr

More on my flickr site, so please take a look.

Thanks for looking

Darren

Quite good considering the cameras limitations.
Bernie
I'm interested to know why only "quite good" - where have the images fallen short in your opinion? I'm interested to know 'cos they look excellent to me, so I'd like to know what I've missed!

Ok
1. Is fine, except the framing. Too high in the frame, but thats got nothing to do with the camera.
2. The tail is blurred. Like the framing, but prefer the Hazza school of doing it.
3. To distant, and too centered.
4. A tad soft.
5. Is fine.

Glad you didn't take offence Darren.
As I said in the opening post, this tz-60 was/is a little out of its depth with fairly fast moving objects, which is one of the reasons why the hurricane and others are a little 'soft'. I was using shutter speed between 450 and 500 of a sec. My hardest thing as I said was tracking the aircraft with either the LVF or lcd screen - I wasn't moving fast enough or the response of the shutter etc was is too slow, just like all other point and shoot cameras, which is why SLR's and DSLR are so much better.

But I am glad some of you like them.

To echo Bernie's comments - 2 is really the pick of the set, acceptably sharp and well composed.

Not bad for a first stab - prop blur is good in most of them but the panning not quite nailed, esp in the Hurricane shot.

Harry.

Ok
1. Is fine, except the framing. Too high in the frame, but thats got nothing to do with the camera.
2. The tail is blurred. Like the framing, but prefer the Hazza school of doing it.
3. To distant, and too centered.
4. A tad soft.
5. Is fine.
So, mainly presentation rather than actual photo taking?

Back