Sigma 10-20mm Nikon fit, which lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have a Nikon D5100 and im looking at buying a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle.
Looking on Amazon there are 2 types, and are bot different prices.

This on is priced at £399.00:
Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC HSM Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras with APS-C Sensors

This one is £329 :
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens

My Nikon has a APS-C sensor, so im thinking the more expensive one is needed.

But what is the difference..

the difference is the light - one is f3.5 (the more expensive one), and the other one is f4-5.6. I do not know if you will feel the difference or will need this extra light. I have just recently bought the cheaper one, as it has got very good reviews. You will also find a lot of discussions on flickr, like this one - https://www.flickr.com/groups/sigma10-20/discuss/72157626082407027/

Mariusz

I have the F4-5.6 (Canon fit) and am very happy with it and would certainly recommend one...

I have had both and prefer the f3.5. Although you probably wont need the extra for landscape it will come in useful for interior work. Worth the extra £70 IMO. Or buy one secondhand and get it even cheaper.

Don't know if this is still helpful? I had the same decision to make a week or so ago. Use a nikon d7000. I did a lot of research and in the end I went for the f3.5. Basically early versions of the 3.5 were a bit patchy, and it used to be a lot more expensive. Now it's come down in price, and the quality has gone up in line with the rest of sigmas products. It's early days but I'm happy with it so far.

Back