Sigma Are Evil !!!

Name
Dylan
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, i was down Pembrey race circit today as there was a car event. There was a stand there by the Police. I happened to wander over and noticed this:

2.jpg

That was attatched to this :

1.jpg

:D:D:D

it was NAF mount too. Dont see why they need a lens like this though.

First lens I ever saw that needed a motorbike attachment to lug it around...

Well, i was down Pembrey race circit today as there was a car event. There was a stand there by the Police. I happened to wander over and noticed this:

2.jpg

That was attatched to this :

1.jpg

:D:D:D

What Sigma is this? A Bigma 50 - 500?

no it was a 135-400

Nice to see that they fitted a circular polariser to make sure they don't get glare from the windscreen, so they can identify the driver.

Kev.

Amazing, i wonder if its true that the gatso's use d3's and the like?

Amazing, i wonder if its true that the gatso's use d3's and the like?

D2HS in some models at least, I think someone was arrested in the US for nicking them from traffic light jump cameras.

All the ones around here are film based IIRC

Hi,

How come the police were there with such a camera? Surely if was for demo's purposes only and not"were gonna nick ya" reasons lol. I would of asked if I could whip that Siggy off and try it out on my D300 :-D

Mike.

Sigma lenses get mounted to all sorts of things... I was doing some filming in a sports development centre and they had some awesome 30,000fps cameras, that were basically a metal box with a nikon F mount on the front!

Looks like quite a neat portable system for stinging speeders that >_>

They were actualy quite cool. They had two police bikes there both with a simular setup, however one was a VHS recorder one had a HDD on it. The other bike mounted radar did have a lens, then someone asked one of the coppers if he could borrow the lens, to which they said YES :O.

What they were also doing whcih was pretty cool was letting members of the public drive an unmarked police Volvo on a stretch of track whilst the speedo was covered to see how close to 30 they were. On the way up the track they had a speed van clocking you and on the way back they let you put the sirens on.

I did queue up for it, but they had stop the even as the part of the track was being used by the local flying club to demo planes. Was gutted :(

There's your 'get out of jail' clause right there then - case dismissed due to inferior optics used on camera...

I bought one of these used today and my camera comes up with a message, fEE and won't take any shots. Spoke to the shop and they say it's not communicating with my camera. Any ideas why this would be?

If the lens has an aperture ring, check its set to its smallest setting, I keep getting this on my D700 & sigma 100-300, I have to check its on f32, easy to move!
HTH

If the lens has an aperture ring, check its set to its smallest setting, I keep getting this on my D700 & sigma 100-300, I have to check its on f32, easy to move!
HTH

I didn't notice there was a ring at the camera end of the lens. I turned it in the opposite direction to the end, put the lens on and it works now. No more fEE. Says f4.8 and I just took a pic with it. Great. Thanks very much for that. Much appreciated. What does the aperture ring do and how do I know where to set it?

Its a throw back to the days before auto everything cameras, you used to set the shutter speed on camera, and the aperture on the lens.

my nikon 24-70 doesnt have a ring but my sigma (made approx 5 yrs ago) does

I dont suppose you got any track action from the day did you? I was on track in a blue seat ibiza.

I did indeed, did that thing have a Turbo fitted as it was fast as hell!!!!!

I did indeed, did that thing have a Turbo fitted as it was fast as hell!!!!!

Happy days. :D Let me know if you post any up or if you could let me have a copy that would be great thanks. :D

Yeah its a 1.8 20v turbo, loads of stuf done to it running at about 240bhp, not huge power yet but nothing on track could keep up with me. :D

Did see a few togs kicking about as well.

Happy days. :D Let me know if you post any up or if you could let me have a copy that would be great thanks. :D

Yeah its a 1.8 20v turbo, loads of stuf done to it running at about 240bhp, not huge power yet but nothing on track could keep up with me. :D

Did see a few togs kicking about as well.

yeah, it sounded mint from where i was standing. I didnt get a lot of photos mostly side on but i got one or two comming up from that nasty bend. PM me your email and ill send some across.

Back