Sigma DP Merrils Price Drop

big crop taken with DP3 & cheapo ringflash, love the hall of mirrors effects of the ringflash in the butter

13482836285_69e96fb697_b.jpg

Last edited:
there you go Stuart, when I chatted midweek about me struggling to use a Merrill for more P&S stuff and wondering if I should buy a P&S I am glad I decided to try the bargain auto flash first.

flash set to 2.8 with 60 degrees on the bounce head, camera(DP3) set to ISO 100, 1/125, f2.8.. all I could ever ask for in a P&S

DP3M0382-2_pp_zpsf5350b0c.jpg

Nice one mate.. I think I will invest in one of those flashes.. Was it off Amazon or the bay

Camera 2 (DP1M) arrived today, it nearly didn't, but that's another story. So now to get a DP3m. I also purchased a little tripod the a SIRUI T-005X Tripod with ballhead in Blue from Amazon. Its very compact about 300mm and superbly made. Go well for the Merrills. Need some nice weather here in Scotland:D

Camera 2 (DP1M) arrived today, it nearly didn't, but that's another story. So now to get a DP3m. I also purchased a little tripod the a SIRUI T-005X Tripod with ballhead in Blue from Amazon. Its very compact about 300mm and superbly made. Go well for the Merrills. Need some nice weather here in Scotland:D

wow that tripod looks very VERY nice(no Dave NO the missus will av ya :))

I got one of these to chuck in the bag http://www.cameraking.co.uk/Velbon+Summit+VTP-787+Travel+Tripod.html and to be fair on it its bloody good for the money but there is just something about it I don't trust, but again for the money if I only ever use it as a table pod or a flash stand it was worth it.. the spring loaded landscape to portrait mode on the plate is blooming genius aswell....shame

anyhoo am keeping an eye out for another compactish tripod, don't think I can stretch to the Sirui though although it looks very impressive.. the Manfrotto MKC3 HO1 is currently top of my list

One reason I went for this because of the way folds up. The legs fold up covering the centre column and ballhead making the total length folded 33cm. extremely well made, a fine piece of engineering.

Anyone know who has actual stock of the Sigma DP3 Merrill ? Clifton Cameras are not expecting a delivery between mid/end of April

Nope the dp3 is looking very thin on the ground now,even Park have no stock of it.You can have mine for a grand! lol

Talked myself into it and ordered one. I've read that it uses the same battery as the Ricoh GR which will be very handy because the Duracell DR9709 works perfectly in the GR and is only £8 from Amazon. I'd better stock up.
Do the Duracell DR9709 batteries have the same size cutouts at the contact ends as the Genuine Merrill batteries. I checked an NP-70 which I have and the cut-outs are smaller so the battery won't fit my DP2 Merrill although some say its compatible.

Last edited:
I'm guessing all the Merrill's stock isn't going to last that much longer at current prices.

Hope its not quite at the end yet :(. Got a local dealer in Glasgow going to contact me when/if he gets some DP3s in.

I hope you manage to get one as you wont regret it.Very good cameras.I am also looking forward to seeing the new quattros but they will be very expensive,double that of current merrills I reckon at least.

I found it strange that wex never dropped their price on them..

gwc told me today that they would be doing them at 279 plus postage, when they get stock :O

Seems we have a banksy copycat in town or the man himself lol..

Back