Silverstone Classic , my take

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and my son had a wonderful sunny but tiring day last Saturday at Silverstone for the Classic. I don't think my legs or feet could take 2 or 3 days there!

Although I have been to Silverstone many times this was my first Classic, and oh boy what have I been missing all these years. On the day I didn't think that my photography had been that good, but overall I have a few images that I'm happy with and thought I'd share them with TP land.

1) 1929 Morgan 3 wheeler , looks the same as they are still making today !

IMG_4980 by Doug, on Flickr

2) one of my favourites, 1982 Lotus 91, in the iconic black & gold livery

IMG_5794 by Doug, on Flickr

3) McLaren MP4/1B Nikki Lauda

IMG_5871 by Doug, on Flickr

4) Tyrell 012

IMG_5822 by Doug, on Flickr

I, still going through them and haven't even look at the Group C WEC cars that i have taken yet, so more to follow!

Hope you enjoy them and C & C as always is welcome.

Doug

Nice clean shots, I know Silverstone isn't the best to shoot spectator side but these are all great.

It's a great event isn't it? My first visit since Pre-Covid and it reminded me how much I enjoy the Classic. I did Saturday and Sunday with media access. 27,000 steps and 23km walked on Saturday, 21,000 steps and 17km walked on Sunday! It's such a huge place and takes so much walking to get around due to the daft way the track crossing bridges are placed.

Nice clean shots, I know Silverstone isn't the best to shoot spectator side but these are all great.

It's a great event isn't it? My first visit since Pre-Covid and it reminded me how much I enjoy the Classic. I did Saturday and Sunday with media access. 27,000 steps and 23km walked on Saturday, 21,000 steps and 17km walked on Sunday! It's such a huge place and takes so much walking to get around due to the daft way the track crossing bridges are placed.

Thanks Richard

It isn't a great venue for photographers, but it is a great event to visit. There was so much going on without the racing that I didn't get to watch all the action on the track that I would have liked, but then that give me an excuse to visit again next year.

You must be younger that me if you can do all that walking, as I couldn't have done a second day, my legs wouldn't take it. As I don't have media access, so these we all taken from the stands and by the side of the track in many various positions. I do agree that they could do with another bridge or tunnel, especially by the wing or the loop as it's such a long walk round otherwise.

Doug

All great shots Doug.

I like the Morgan as it's something very different :D

Great technique! :D

I'm not into motor racing but I know quality shots when I see them and that's what these are. Well done

All great shots Doug.

I like the Morgan as it's something very different :D

Great technique! :D

Thanks Woof, i have a very large soft spot for Morgan's, would love to own one, but with 4 wheels !
I'm not into motor racing but I know quality shots when I see them and that's what these are. Well done
Many thanks John
Like the Morgan the best.
Thanks Mike

I have added a few more below, enjoy!

5) WEC Peugoet 90X, which I think is a beautiful looking car

IMG_6736 by Doug, on Flickr

6) Ford GT 40

IMG_7560 by Doug, on Flickr

7) Dodge Viper

IMG_6941 by Doug, on Flickr

8) The Le Mans master himself Derek Bell. I was looking at the group C display, turned around & he was being interviewed.

IMG_6218 by Doug, on Flickr

Enjoy

Back