Singing Ringing Tree.

Good shot John, central location of the structure suits and the movement in the clouds is a nice touch. Never seen or heard of the singing ringing tree before, interesting.

Cheers Steve, This is quite a structure standing three meters tall and designed to catch the wind from every direction playing musical tones as the wind passes through the pipes,its a eerie place to be in the fading light .

Clever use of long exposure, lens choice to make use of the clouds to emphasise the structure. B&W conversion works also. very nice

Thank you for your comments Byker28i you obviously understand what i was trying to achieve here ,The biggest problem i had was keeping a halo off the structure in pp i shot at iso 50 to get the LE time required and not sure if this had an effect
on the structure/halo when i was applying contrast etc to make the sky more defined. Would be grateful if anybody could advise on this as PP is not my strong point.Was wondering if shooting at iso 50 had been the cause.

Nice :)

Is anyone on the forum old enough to remember a tv show called 'the singing ringing tree?'

Halo can be caused my many things, usually a touch on contrast masking technique used to boost the colours and add a hdr effect. With B&W it can also be caused by chromatic aberration before the conversion.

You've a touch on the horizon as well. Did you process in anyway before the B&W conversion? It may be you can tone it down with a burn brush on highlights

Thanks for the reply Byker28i hadn't noticed the horizon i will have a look at that ,there was no processing done before conversion .

Back