Siskin shots two

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
I went back to the hide late afternoon & the Siskin were still there. They are hard to capture though. There was also a Goldcrest among the Birch beside the hide but I did not manage to get it so hats off to those on the forum who have managed.
Siskin2.jpg

Him & Her. I dont like showing them at a feeder but it was the only chance I had of them together.
siskin3.jpg

Cracking shot that first one. (y)

Thanks for the comments. They are hard work to get in focus! I thought the Coal Tit moved fast!

Now after the visitors I recorded in the Fens this week- It is lovely to see the Siskins in their correct habitat. I see the same sunflower heart sand make of feeder that attracted them to my garden - alongside goldfinches and not unfortunately goldcrests.

Now after the visitors I recorded in the Fens this week- It is lovely to see the Siskins in their correct habitat. I see the same sunflower heart sand make of feeder that attracted them to my garden - alongside goldfinches and not unfortunately goldcrests.
It was interesting to note this morning the male was on the sunflower hearts while the female went for the peanuts. Sometime during the day though she had got a taste for the sunflowers & would defend the feeder against all till she had had her fill!:thinking:

As said the first is spot on

Hi Charlie,

that 1st one is superb !!

Mike.

Thanks both. I have not seen much sign of Dunedin lately. Hope he is hail & hearty.

Love that first one mate..we have a few in our garden on the feeders but they prefer the niger seed..

Thanks both. I have not seen much sign of Dunedin lately. Hope he is hail & hearty.

Aye Charlie he's fine, been busy car hunting and stuck in house in front of the PC, but he has a new chariot now and will no doubt be stalking his prey as I type this. Now that the lighter mornings are coming in I am sure the Roe will see him plenty over the next few weeks/months :D

Never seen mum so happy to get him out of the house :LOL:

Mike.

Back