Siskin Tree (feeder)

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Tower Knowe cafe feeders Keilder Water
Chaffinches and Siskins

Sorry its quite soft but the camera and I could not decide which of these lovely creatures to focus on:shrug::LOL:
5585943236_496cd17da6_z.jpg

Mr Chaffinch
5585350479_fb8063407d_z.jpg

A couple of thoughts spring to mind with these 2 pics. The first one is too busy (lucky you!!) and it worked have worked better perhaps isolating a couple of birds. They're also a little soft and underexposed. Is there anyway you could take pics away from that large horizontal bar?

The second again, you have missed the focus and it is a tad underexposed. With such a bright sky, if you could have used the spot metering mode, that may well have helped to keep the bird a little lighter and easier on the eye.

Hope that helps.

Now then Derek, glad to see you venturing into the world of birds. Sara`s points are spot on, i feel a lens addition coming on. :D

A couple of thoughts spring to mind with these 2 pics. The first one is too busy (lucky you!!) and it worked have worked better perhaps isolating a couple of birds. They're also a little soft and underexposed. Is there anyway you could take pics away from that large horizontal bar?

The second again, you have missed the focus and it is a tad underexposed. With such a bright sky, if you could have used the spot metering mode, that may well have helped to keep the bird a little lighter and easier on the eye.

Hope that helps.

The feeders are on a walkway outside the window of the Tower Knowe Cafe, birds are happy when your inside but very nervous when two people passed on the walkway below the scatter was tremendous (another image I missed) but with a decent feild craft, lens, tripod and patience the walkway would seem the best place.

Now then Derek, glad to see you venturing into the world of birds. Sara`s points are spot on, i feel a lens addition coming on. :D

I must admit its a very tempting subject need to learn how to approach the little critters though:LOL:

Are these taken through the window Derek?

I've had some good shots from the walkway, you just have to stay still for a while and they come back in.

Are these taken through the window Derek?

I've had some good shots from the walkway, you just have to stay still for a while and they come back in.

Will have another go in a couple of weeks!(y)

Back