Skateboarder shot

Name
Barnaby Jaco Skinner
Edit My Images
No
So I headed down to the Southbank a few months ago and snapped a few of the skateboarders, this is my fav shot and also my very first shot to be posted up in these forums so go easy ;)

skateboard%20set%20A_1.jpg

In reterospect I think the bottom left is a little unattractive and I could maybe centre the guy a little better but all in all I'm quite happy with it.

What do you lot think?

Thanks in advance (y)

I think the bit on the left is relevant to the picture - it shows where he is going to or from. I'd keep it.

As for the shot, it's good. Not too much going on and it would have been nice to see him off the board without looking hard for it.

Nice shot and processing, but it is a non make. There is no way from where he is there that the trick can be landed. Also try to capture a little further back when he is grinding the block itself rather than popping off the end (or in this case falling off).

In terms of crop maybe just a little off the left, where the angle of the wall changes and the colour goes bright. Apart from that good framing.

Simple thing to remember if photographing skaters though, if they don't make the trick, you don't show the pic!

Back