Skoda Octavia (Mini Shoot)

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
No
I hadn't really picked up my camera properly in nearly a year due to work commitments etc and I really had been missing it lately. So I decided to polish off the equipment, and the car and head out for a quick shoot at a local location ive had my eye on for a little while. Anyway, here's one of the results. Would be really interested to hear what you guys have to say.

IMG_2655-19b by darrenfitzjohn1, on Flickr

I think the no entry sign distracts my eye so I'm looking at it rather than the car. No idea if it was intentional include it. I reckon it would have been even better if the no entry sign was not there.

Background lets it down for me as well, the no entry sign, the brown paper bag (?) stuffed under the drain pipe next to the no entry, the black blob on the wall behind the car. They all distract from the car being the main focus of the image.

I quite like it. Whilst my eyes were drawn to the sign, it doesn't bother me too much. I would be tempted to clone out the black blob on the wall behind though.

Any more details on the car?

Thanks for the comments guys. In all honesty the sign was intentional as I quite liked it, although I know it is a bit marmite. As for the other bits and pieces, like the brown paper bag etc, these too were all intentionally left in, it is and old, industrial, unused type of location and therefore I have left these things in as in reality no one would expect it to be all pristine and tidy. The black blob on the wall though I was a bit unsure of myself but left it in. See quick edit below for the cloaned out version.

I quite like it. Whilst my eyes were drawn to the sign, it doesn't bother me too much. I would be tempted to clone out the black blob on the wall behind though.

Any more details on the car?

The car is a Mk1 Octavia VRS. Spec is as follows: Custom made exuast system with centre box only, Forge 007 recirc valve, custom cold air intake, Toyosports front mount intercooler, oversize turbo intake pipe, 4bar fpr, JBS stage 1 remap, coilovers with adjustable droplinks (currently set at around a 70mm drop. Im sure theres more but it slips my mind at the moment.

Octy Re-Edit 2 by darrenfitzjohn1, on Flickr

I like this.....very urban/up to date look of a car shoot! All the extra bits just makes the shot!

Back