Skye dawg

I like that. The processing suits his/her coat nicely.

My only niggle is the back foot. It seems to be slightly too subdued ?

PS

1 in 50 is pretty good - you should try my Springer Spaniel :)

Lovely work. I'd like to see a tail but having tried and failed to photograph cats I appreciate just how hard pet photography is. I think the whole dog is a bit too subdued and would also like the shadow side of its face lightened, but that's just down to taste and the processing really suits the subject. Have you posted (or pointed us to) a tutorial on how you do this by any chance?

Last edited:
Looks more of a sketch than a hi-res image but good composition & lighting non the less.

Lovely work. I'd like to see a tail but having tried and failed to photograph cats I appreciate just how hard pet photography is. I think the whole dog is a bit too subdued and would also like the shadow side of its face lightened, but that's just down to taste and the processing really suits the subject. Have you posted (or pointed us to) a tutorial on how you do this by any chance?
Agreed, could do with lifting some shadows a tad. Sometimes it takes someone else to point that out. :)
Sorry, no tutorial yet ;) But planning on doing a textures and processing one at some point...

Looks more of a sketch than a hi-res image but good composition & lighting non the less.
That's probably down to the texture(s) and processing. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Like this shot. What background are you using?
Thanks Robert. It's a grey seamless paper background.

I like that. The processing suits his/her coat nicely.

My only niggle is the back foot. It seems to be slightly too subdued ?

PS

1 in 50 is pretty good - you should try my Springer Spaniel :)
Cheers Phil. I agree - could do with lifting it up a bit, I think it got lost in the processing. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Back