Smoke photography

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
First time I've tried this and must admit it was fun. Like the first time you do a water drop or led lights you're pleased with the outcome.

I followed along the lines of this video to do it.....

[YOUTUBE]J2d281_HoEQ[/YOUTUBE]

That is a good set Dave and I really like the effect you have given #3. I did a few of these a long time back. With this weather you have inspired me to have another go at it. Good video link as well (y) I had the wife lead on her back last time with a Cigar in her gob, she will pleased to see I wont need her again :LOL:

That is a good set Dave and I really like the effect you have given #3. I did a few of these a long time back. With this weather you have inspired me to have another go at it. Good video link as well (y) I had the wife lead on her back last time with a Cigar in her gob, she will pleased to see I wont need her again :LOL:

Cheers. The black card down the side of the flash works a treat. Also i don't have a remote flash, I have to use a cord from camera to flash but still works well. Just don't do what I do and move the camera and forget the flash is set up on another tripod :LOL:

Cheers. The black card down the side of the flash works a treat. Also i don't have a remote flash, I have to use a cord from camera to flash but still works well. Just don't do what I do and move the camera and forget the flash is set up on another tripod :LOL:

:LOL: Knowing me I would, if I remember rightly I did mine with the flash just pointing up from under the smoke and the camera was on a tripod. I do now have an extention sync cord and also I can fire the main flash as slave. Suppose with a bit of trial and error you can end up with almost similar results. Would you be so kind to explain how you achieved the finish in #3 Dave? If not no worry (y)

Great shots, I have been thinking of doing some smoke pic's

The video I think is a really good guide.

Thank you.

:LOL: Knowing me I would, if I remember rightly I did mine with the flash just pointing up from under the smoke and the camera was on a tripod. I do now have an extention sync cord and also I can fire the main flash as slave. Suppose with a bit of trial and error you can end up with almost similar results. Would you be so kind to explain how you achieved the finish in #3 Dave? If not no worry (y)

That one is one of my favs and easy to do.
Messing around in ps after to get the colours etc I wondered what else might look good.
To get that one simply invert picture (ctrl and i) then use this free program :D ........... http://professor-franklins-instant-photo-effects.en.softonic.com/?ab=6

Note: It says cons, Interface is weird and difficult to use. It isn't.

Great result, i tried a while back after seeing the video you have attached but the result was no where near as good as yours!

Dave - I don't know you but I think I may just hate you a little! :) I like these so much that I'm gonna have to go try some and SWMBO gives me enough grief for time spent behind the camera as it it!

Good effort mate. :clap:

Back