Smoke

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought it was about time I had a go at smoke :)
Single exposure, one flash-gun. Simple black card 'snoot'. Changed gels three times, once for each flash-firing, during the 10s exposure.
Lifted the levels in PP and a slight crop.

smoke5a by Michael B O'Brien, on Flickr

Very much like.Never tried this..but im getting close to doing so and the flames..very inspiring.Has an engaging composition.Thanks for sharing. ;)

Thank you for commenting, Niki :)

In a necessarily very dark room, the shape of the smoke is pot-luck and persistence!
Part of the reason I wanted to get this in one exposure was purely to see if I could, and partly because I fancy trying it on film.

like the colours, good first try
had my first go at this to-night, used black bin bag for BG, tripod 10s x auto focus on stick then switch to manual, and flash with om10 with a carboard tube to keep light away with BG, not great results but working on it,

i really like them..infact im now inspired to have a go at it ;)

on film would look awesome..if your brave enough lol..35mm or 120mm even better . ;)

Walter, as it happens, I have about 8 frames left on the roll that's in my OM10 :)
Hopefully I'll be able to give it a try on Mon night.

Niki, I won't be trying it on 120 just yet, I already have 3 rolls of other stuff waiting to be sent off and really need to clear my backlog :)

Thanks John.
Matt, I must have read about it at some point, or a similar technique for a different purpose? Maybe way back and it's been lurking in my sub-concious for a decade. Or two. Or three. :)

I love these drifting smoke images I think it looks great
sideline it is always fun to see if any shapes form one of my contacts uses steam :)

Back