Wild Sniff the grass

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
I was out doing a search for Red Squirrel's this morning. They are now pretty scarce around here owing to the large number of Buzzard that are about the place. As I sat at the edge of a wee clearing, this fox came into view. The fox was hunting for voles & mice & did have a very half hearted go at a cock pheasant, before resuming the hunt for voles. Taken with 300mm lens & no crop.

View attachment 20532

I think I would crop in close to just get the head because of the rear end of the fox is missing out of frame, for me, its all or close-crop. Maybe do a little clone removal on the nose because of the grass running through its face?

Other than that - I would love to get a shot like you have, regardless of chopping out part of the body or grass in the way. (y)

I think I would crop in close to just get the head because of the rear end of the fox is missing out of frame, for me, its all or close-crop. Maybe do a little clone removal on the nose because of the grass running through its face?

Other than that - I would love to get a shot like you have, regardless of chopping out part of the body or grass in the way. (y)

Thank you for your thoughts. I did actually get a much cleaner shot of the fox with no grass in the way, but liked the way it seemed to be sniffing that grass stem in that one. I wanted to turn the camera to portrait position but sitting only about 15 ft from the fox, I was not sure if I could have done so without the fox taking fright. In our area, every hand is against the fox ( free range chickens nearby) so I considered myself lucky to get this close.

Thank you for your thoughts. I did actually get a much cleaner shot of the fox with no grass in the way, but liked the way it seemed to be sniffing that grass stem in that one. I wanted to turn the camera to portrait position but sitting only about 15 ft from the fox, I was not sure if I could have done so without the fox taking fright. In our area, every hand is against the fox ( free range chickens nearby) so I considered myself lucky to get this close.
wow 15ft away - I usually smell them before I see them hahaha - and then they're off pretty sharpish, would be chuffed to have got it like you did, as I said above. Hopefully next time you spot one, everything will be right with no obstructions :)

so much better without the grass and the reference
like it a lot...mainly just the fox

HE SAYS NO

Back