Snow in the Scottish Glens

I don't care how many times it's been photographed, that first view will never get old for me. Lovely.

The first I've seen so many times on here it bores me........... except that your take with the dusting of snow, the clouds blending into the mountain and the smooth white theme carried through the water just knocks the socks off anything else I've seen.

:agree: The etive mor is superb, with the snow,clouds and white water, awesome.
Also like the 2 nd, the landscape is so imposing against the cottage.

Simply awesome! Both are great but I love that first shot. I once climbed it in winter and this takes me right back.

Last edited:
That Bauchaille Etive Mor shot.......blimey, that is one special image.......nice.

Love these!!! Shot one is epic but I think I prefer shot 2...just something about that house being next to all that.

they are rather good aren't they?!

Thank you for all the lovely comments folks. Makes freezing my butt off all worth it. :)

I don't care how many times it's been photographed, that first view will never get old for me. Lovely.

As Ruth says and that is a superb capture.

The second shot is also a stunner - I think your processing of both is spot on

I quite like them both but on the first one I think the colour is off which spoils it. Whichever filter you've used lookes like it has brought in a cast and knocked the colours out. There is also a something funny going on with the bush on the right, a blur or a smudge, which is distracting.

Nice work, especially the first image.
I never tire of seeing these locations when they are shot well like this.

We once spent a night at the Kings House Hotel when walking the West Highland Way and had a view of Buachaille Etive Mor out of our window. I'll never get bored with looking at the mountain especially when the image is of the quality of #1. Loving it. Exposure looks spot on and the shutter speed on the water is perfect. Super image.

Back