Snow leopard 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Another shot of the Snow leopard from Marwell. A little bit of PP but not sure if it works all that well.

5418339802_d8833_b.jpg

Original
54056161d2c9b_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent shot, love the soft treatment

Don't know how to reply to your ('fence') posts.

If you pp using image>adjustments>shadows/highlights you could pull out a lot more from the image.

John

excellent shot, love the soft treatment
Thanks Marac ;)
No 1 very scary
love it
Not sure that was my intention but is does kinda ;) Thanks for looking.
Don't know how to reply to your ('fence') posts.

If you pp using image>adjustments>shadows/highlights you could pull out a lot more from the image.

John
Subdue,darken and soften was my intention John, I do use the said adjustments you suggest on some of my work. Thanks for looking ;)

I like that top one.

I've been sitting with my hands up to the screen to alter the composition - have you considered making it portrait instead of landscape format, with the eye in the top left rule-of-thirds position? Crop on the right just as it fades to almost black, and on the left possibly part way into the face to get the eye in the right spot.

Thanks all, I too think landscape is best as the size of the head doesn't really lend itself to portrait. I did try the portrait thing but it just wasn't doing it for me Rob but you are welcome to give it a go if you wish.

Bruce it was shot using the Canon ef 400 f 5.6 L

Thanks for the permission to try, Alby. I'd restricted myself to just waving my hands at the screen as you've got the 'cannot edit option' checked.

My thinking was something like this, but it is quite a big crop -

5418339802_d8bc30b833_b_ed.jpg

I've a Siberian Tiger photo I took that's framed on the wall and is similar, which is what made me think of it. Mine's a tighter image but was actually full frame (on slide film).

I've a Siberian Tiger photo I took that's framed on the wall and is similar, which is what made me think of it. Mine's a tighter image but was actually full frame (on slide film).

Cool, I bet it looks stunning. Big cats are a superb subject and offer a huge wow factor I think.

Thanks all, your comments are much appreciated. ;)

Back