Snowboarding @ Battersea

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Went along to the Freeze event at Battersea yesterday. I was only going to take a few snaps but ended up shooting pretty much all of the finals.

Some crazy/stunning riding and took me back to when I used to ride and shoot weekly at Hillend. Happy days ;o)

Anyways, here's what I made of it without a press pass, or my 20-200, or a remote flash, or a tripod. Still managed a few beers though ;)

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

Like the first two images!! Good series and you've worked them nicely in PP.
Tried to see them on the Flickr size... but for some reason FLickr was not co-operating at the moment. Will check them later!! I am sure they look super in original size!!!

The last three shots are goodies as well.. just not 'quite' there for me. I mean don't get me wrong.. would love to capture these myself and would be very happy with them. Just maybe these shots show it more that you were not that close to the action...

Thanks for the feedback GooGaBu.
You're right, I was too far away to use the 24-105 effectively. The wider shots only work because there's 6 riders in them. To see what I mean try to imagine the individual shots from the sequences: the rider is tiny.

I also agree about the lack of context to the closer images, the shots I'd have liked to take would've been those from on the ramp with the old powerstation in the background (but that would've required planning and a press pass :eek:/

See some of the official gallery shots for what I mean.

Had a look at the official shots.. I see what you meant about the power station at the background.
Although seems that the sky is quite blown away in few of the shots... tough thing to shoot towards the sky and get the subject and sky in right balance.

Maybe next time you'll remember to ask for press pass before the event... ;-)

looks like it was a good event and a good use of battersea power station.

my favourite is number 3 only improvement for it would be a tighter crop to remove the lights on the left as they are not far enough into the frame.

Back