Snowy, Icy, Sunny Jasper National Park

Name
Sid
Edit My Images
Yes
Been such a long time since I've posted any photos here, but after my trip to Jasper National Park on Monday, and actually using my camera for the first time in months and months, I thought I'd share some of my fave shots from that day. Some are a little 'washed' out as I didn't realise the ISO was set to 800 for the first part of the day. D'oh!!!!! I've inserted links to view photos in full size on my Flickr account.

Thanks for looking :)

Mount Hardisty

Athabasca River & Mount Kerkeslin

Looking towards Aquila Mountain, Terminal Mountain & The Whistlers (I think)

Looking down into Maligne Gorge

Medicine Lake

Looking North up the Athabasca River

Last edited:
Some fantastic scenery, well captured 1&3 are my fav's I like how the road leads in to the mountains

Been there done that :)

But it all looks different with more snow around. hardly recognise the gorge with no water.

Nice set. Was good looking at those and remembering :)

Must go again sometime.

Been there done that :)

But it all looks different with more snow around. hardly recognise the gorge with no water.

Nice set. Was good looking at those and remembering :)

Must go again sometime.

I am definitely going back as soon as the ice has retreated from the lakes. Man, I could spend every weekend there as it's only a 3 hour drive for me now (y)

This is an area I'd love to visit. Unfortunately it's well over 3 hours from here! What is the best time of year to visit if you want the lakes without the ice but some snow on the mountains?

I'd say that was how it was when I was there - mid September.

Lovely scenery, and definitely on my 'must see' places for a roadtrip!

Back