Solo Action:British Masters Grasstrack Swingfield Kent

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Some Images from the British Masters Grasstrack at the Swingfield Track in Kent......some good action during the meeting....track was pretty dry and there was alot of dust around....so much so you could only really shoot the leading rider in each race....but a good afternoons racing very enjoyable.....Cheers Bazza

Great series of grasstrack action Bazza. Fast and furious like speedway, but on a whole different challenge for the riders with some of the grasstrack courses around the UK. Didn't realise the history of grasstrack racing, being one of the oldest forms of motorcycle racing in the UK, dating back to the 1920s.

You captured the excitement there all right, like them all!

Thank Pete, Mike.........The British Masters is one of the best meetings of the year in Grasstrack and the Swingfield Circuit is one of the best venue's.It was very dusty indeed,especially with the sidecars but there was some good fast racing.....and well done for Andrew Appleton for winning the event.(Featured in Image No7).Pete Kent has a long history of Grasstarck and of course Brands Hatch started as a grasstrack back in the day...........Cheers Bazza

Great set. Used to go to Grasstracks in Dorset/surrounding areas but not been for 20 odd years, think next year i will be going.

Stan....there are a few meetings left this year see this link for the meetings that are left to run this year http://www.grasstrack.net/clubadvents.html
Thanks Gary....always worth taking the Camera to these Grasstrack events....were about's are you?......there are events across the country during the summer.....coming towards the end of the season for racing now though...........Cheers Bazza

I'm up in Cumbria and it doesn't look like there's much up here but I'll certainly be having a look to see if there's anything on when I'm on one of my trips down country. Bloody annoying that I have a speedway track 3 miles from my house and you aren't allowed to take photos in there. Your pics have made the grass tack look really appealing. Well done on that.

Cheers
Gary

Thanks Lancer. Looks like i will miss this years but talking to the wife she has never been to grasstrack or Moto x (proper word scramble) so we are now looking for meetings next year.

Gary.......are you close to Workington Speedway?..........one opportunity would be to go along to there Press and Practice day before the speedway season Starts, around March time, lots of photographers and Press there so just mingle and take some shots aswell..........I go the the Eastbourne speedway press day every year and get some good action shots.

Stan........depends were you are.........coming towards the end of the season now........one grasstrack meeting at Frittenden on 5th October and a Moto X at Canada Heights on the same day.

http://www.sidcupmotorcycleclub.co.uk/dates_list.html

http://grasstrackgb.co.uk/posters/

Cheers Bazza

Hi Lancer. Live down in Dorchester Dorset so have the Wimbourne Whoppa sometime, plus i am working on a friend of a friend whose 10 year old son has been doing moto x this year so hopefully will follow him and of course adults next year i hope.

Back