Some Abstracts..feel free to add yours!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
For May's POTY round, which was a no PP round and the theme was Landscapes, I realised after a couple of visits out to my fave location that I wasn't going to do any damage with a conventional landscape. Something was always missing from my photos. So, I decided upon an abstract photo which won me 5th place and quite a bit of praise from the fellow competitors but like all photography it wasn't for all. However, it is a genre that I really like, especially when people say 'is that a photo or a painting'! I have started a thread here for likeminded abstract fans to post their efforts - lets see what you have got. Here are some of mine, starting with my (now pp'd) POTY entry.

Abstract sapling trees by bifferd, on Flickr

Untitled by bifferd, on Flickr

Untitled by bifferd, on Flickr

Nice! Like a barcode. Have you tried a crop so its landscape orientation just below the light parts so it does look barcody? Hope that makes sense!

Nice! Like a barcode. Have you tried a crop so its landscape orientation just below the light parts so it does look barcody? Hope that makes sense!

Thanks.....
I hadn't thought of it like that..... I'll have a look at cropping it differently....(y)

Both really nice, the triptych is giving me ideas!

I'd crop the white shadow on the second one though I think.

^that's gorgeous Chris; I really like it :)

Chris I am LOVING that first one.

Maybe not abstract enough for this thread, but heres one of my favourites ;)

5416738719_44164c674c_z.jpg

I love this sort of thing. So here's one to keep the thread going.

8759324444_4da4311240_c.jpg

And I thought my one made my eyes go funny! Love it all the same though.

Just noticed in the Amateur Photography magazine (of the year) comp that this months theme is 'abstract' . Is there a winning image/photo amongst us in this thread? Entries have to be in by 25th October I think.....

Back