Some architecture photos from a newbe.

I like 2 and 3,

I am leaning towards liking 1 which I think has potential but I think it has just been edited a little bit too much?

I would be interested to see the original just converted to black and white, dark contrasts?

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

I like 2 and 3,

I am leaning towards liking 1 which I think has potential but I think it has just been edited a little bit too much?

I would be interested to see the original just converted to black and white, dark contrasts?

Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Number 1 is pretty edited. It can be quite hard when a piece of editing software is stuck in front of me to make sure I don't over edit the images.I think I stopped at just the right time with image 2 and 3 but I might of overdone 1.

Here's one more image I took at the weekend:

Seven. by AnimationIsaac, on Flickr

And here is an un-edited version of no 1:
ucVhXJV.jpg

No 2 is my fav well done.

I prefer the heavily edited version to the unedited. Subjective of course as to me it gives it something different.

Normally JPEG. I've been meaning to look more into RAW and see whether it would give my any advantages. How about you, do you shoot RAW or JPEG?

I shoot both at once. I tend to keep jpegs of borderline shots as well as keepers, but only keep raw files of those I edit for size reasons.

At its crudest Raw means you can do more editing before image quality suffers, can sort your white balance out after the event and can combine multiple exposures from a single shot, which can save some images which might otherwise have completely lost shadow or highlight detail.

The downside is a more complex workflow - and if your lens supports software correction of distortion then not all Raw converters will handle that correctly whereas jpegs straight out of the camera will be fine.

Last edited:
Normally JPEG. I've been meaning to look more into RAW and see whether it would give my any advantages. How about you, do you shoot RAW or JPEG?

I try to shoot RAW 99% of the time as there is more to control in the editing process as above poster has mentioned.

love number 2. would like to see the whole circle scratch but its still a great shot.

Back