some band promo pics

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
did a photoshoot for a band a few weeks back results as far as im concerned were a bit iffy, but they seem to like them,

heres a few

idanos1.jpg

idanos2.jpg

idanos3.jpg

idanos4.jpg

idanos5.jpg

idanos6.jpg

hmmm...not your best work....but then they do look a bit....well....gay?

Backgrounds seem to stand out more than they do :)

Apart from the guy on the windowsill that is.

matty said:
hmmm...not your best work....but then they do look a bit....well....gay?

not my taste in music in the slightest, but a nice bunch of blokes all the same, i wasnt keen on what they wanted to do and to be fair i had my mind elsewhere. i like the nice bright colours but i dont think it really goes with what they were wearing, black shirts might have been better! Just wish the sunlight hadnt been so harsh but then it was better than rain!

Agree with the above - they're OK - not great, and I think that's mostly down to dodgy models, cos' the locations you have are ace.
really doesn't help that one of them is wearing trainers :|

Were they just wanting to do their own thing as far as posing goes, or were you giving them direction, or a bit of both?

Hoodi said:
Agree with the above - they're OK - not great, and I think that's mostly down to dodgy models, cos' the locations you have are ace.
really doesn't help that one of them is wearing trainers :|

Were they just wanting to do their own thing as far as posing goes, or were you giving them direction, or a bit of both?

they tended to do there own thing, couldnt really get them to pose very much, its something im not particularly confident with, i keep meaning to sort myself out on a portrait course, im ok posing one person but not more.

i agree hoodi, i like the backgrounds just not the pictures of the people in them!, those red and white shutters were a great find though. the annoying thing was that while most of the people in the pics were looking good, one of the band members was pulling a funny face and the photo had to be junked, really ****ing annoying!

I think you'd be better off looking in to the work of people that are masters at shooting bands Jamie, guys like Roger Sargent. Not to plagiarise, just to be inspired. You get smarter by playing a smarter opponent they say. I sit for hrs looking through books i have on people i admire. No "How to" book can compare to them.

As for the course, you do have a good history of shooting bands, i know live has a flow to it, but you do know how to draw something out of a performance. Even if you're not in to them, work out what they are about, think about the song titles, see if you can involve them in a shot. I would then sketch some ideas or plan them & you've got to take charge of them, you don't tell them how to play, they don't tell you how to shoot

I think the second shot had potential, there's not enough light on them, there's little contrast, faces look underexposed. But it had the makings of something

Back