Some First Class Cricket Photos

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
To be clear, I do mean the cricket is first class, not necessarily the photos! Taken today at Lord's Cricket ground, from the grandstands, with a Nikon D700/70-200 f2.8 lens and a lot of cropping. Middlesex v Notts

Middlesex -v- Nottinghamshire, Lord's, Day 3 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

2 - He really didn't want that there! :eek:
Middlesex -v- Nottinghamshire, Lord's, Day 3 by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

3 - John Simpson's boundary that gave him his first century since 2011

4 - then celebrates with man mountain Steven Finn

5 - Eoin Morgan really should have caught that one

6 - Always keep your eye on the ball

7 - Aussie turned Englishman Sam Robson protects his nationalities - successfully, luckily for him.

Really like that last one, even though there isn't a ball in sight, it looks like its been slapped right into the short leg's midriff! Ochie!

Really like that last one, even though there isn't a ball in sight, it looks like its been slapped right into the short leg's midriff! Ochie!

Thanks Chris. Luckily the ball clipped the top of his shin/knee pad and went safely away bu his reactions were to protect not catch :LOL:

Great set - I play the game and tog so getting new angles with interest is not easy...really good set

really like 5 and 3, Just a shame you can't sit lower down for the better angle :)

Great set - I play the game and tog so getting new angles with interest is not easy...really good set

Thanks (y)

really like 5 and 3, Just a shame you can't sit lower down for the better angle :)

Thanks Andy. I can, and did for the last hour, get down at pitch level but the problem is more about focusing on teeny little players dressed in white, in the distance with empty white seats behind them - slightest movement results in beautifully focused chairs - with only 200mm to play with, I get 1 in focus for every two that have missed. As an aside, personally I prefer the background to be grass anyway as empty seats make it look like no one was there, even though the open stands were well attended [I was in them] The agency snappers spend more time higher up at Lords too for county matches for the same reason. The only place that is worth getting down at pitch level for is opposite end to the pavillion, but it does means sitting at the bottom of a stand that the wind howls through and is freezing even on warm days! However, I am guessing this is the kind of angle you mean?

I really like them, I get your point with the empty stands although I really like the photos perspective and the way it looks when you are lower.

Thanks Yv. I am just about to embark on some cricket photography at Trent Bridge and had always assumed that "ground level" was the place to be. I now see that in the stands does provide for some really excellent photo opportunities and will spend quite a bit of my time at that more elevated level. Any other tips?

Back