some macros but added some gradient colour to spice them up a little

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I would have posted these just in the macro section, but I think with the gradient, they're not "real" photos so in the creative section they go.

For tech info, canon 600d, 105mm sigma macro, raynox dcr250, cheapo flash, pringles diffuser and then for processing, just one layer, gradient fill with red through to yellow, change from "normal" to "overlay" then dropped the % opacity down to 35.

1..this particular one had 2 layers of gradients (so 4 colours, was done last week, red to yellow, blue to another colour, can't remember), the rest are 2 colour gradients
15262276376_16046ece65_b.jpg

15111647467_7aa41c1a06_b.jpg

15111608228_d7e2bce206_b.jpg

15111485620_08d0ed2c23_b.jpg

15297327592_1c1b717dd4_b.jpg

Cheers

Some work better than others, but I have to say that I'm really taken with #4.
I think it's abstract enough that the colours really seem to enhance it and add something to the textures and shapes.

The one that really doesn't work IMO is the spider.
I think I'd far prefer to see that as just a straight macro shot without any of the effects.

These are great, love the first one, not so sure of the spider.
Will have to try this out thank you.

Some work better than others, but I have to say that I'm really taken with #4.
I think it's abstract enough that the colours really seem to enhance it and add something to the textures and shapes.

The one that really doesn't work IMO is the spider.
I think I'd far prefer to see that as just a straight macro shot without any of the effects.

Thanks Sharky, Sarah and Tom.

I agree, I didn't like it so much with the spider as well, but I posted it to see if it did work - glad you thought it didn't :)

I mainly tried the gradients for two reasons, one the weather yesterday was so bland so no "real" autumn colours being thrown on them and two, the metal was not rusty, which I was hoping that they would have been (otherwise I would have left them, as is, as rust gives off its own nice colour and textures). I'm no pro with photoshop so it was something I "discovered" myself (took me a while to figure out layers to be honest) so am pleased they sort of come out ok - I think I've still got some way to go with the layers to give that sunset/autumn feel on images where there is none, but I'll figure it out with some more playing. :) Thanks for the comments everyone, appreciate your time :)

Back