Some more of the 50mm F1.8 (at F20) - no bugs included!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Just the raynox dc250 and the nifty fifty (50mm f1.8), shot at 160th, F20) and the Canon 600d crop sensor.

Just before having my tea last night, I thought I'd take some macros of various bits and bobs on the dining room table. Such a fruit in a bowl that seriously needed throwing away... -.-

First, I tried to take a macro of some burning embers on a cigarette. Melted my diffuser packaging lol, i didn't realise until this morning when looking at the end of the pringles tube to see I had burned through one layer of it.

Note to self: Dont go near hot things with the diffuser !

So, on with my tea, to the annoyance of my lady. Normally cooks me better food than this but I did <fancy> some beans.

These are all full sized, not cropped.

14524330549_ea8f0c820f_b.jpg

14524546337_ddabff30b5_b.jpg

3.. I liked this one because of the bread texture. Looks cool up close!
14524330449_2dbeaf5d6d_b.jpg

4.. A dried up tangerine.
14524336438_9d67e74353_b.jpg

5.. The other half loves this stuff. Along with Pepper. Which seems to go onto everything she eats. Yet nearly throws up at the sight of tomato sauce. Weird woman.
14524336478_784f81cd6b_b.jpg

6.. Some Nescafe Gold Blend. Because Im posh. Nah, not really. My boss drinks this stuff all the time in the office and I've spent too much time with him. I used to like the nescafe normal but now I'm addicted to this stuff. Bloody expensive too.
14710992235_93d0fb393d_b.jpg

Thanks for popping in!

Diffuser is working great... Lighting is very good.

#1 doesn't work for me too much distraction in the oof beans

#2/3 are a lot better though #3 could have been shot a little lower to get the bottom of the bread in. but DOF looks good on both

#4 is amazing but again I would have filled the frame with it and not left space at top its not really adding anything. Texture of it is superb

#5/6 are excellent and the coffee beans are superb.

Last edited:
Diffuser is working great... Lighting is very good.

#1 doesn't work for me too much distraction in the oof beans

#2/3 are a lot better though #3 could have been shot a little lower to get the bottom of the bread in. but DOF looks good on both

#4 is amazing but again I would have filled the frame with it and not left space at top its not really adding anything.

#5/6 are excellent and the coffee beans are superb.
cheers bryn. I couldn't get further away from some of the objects though as they were so big, compared to insects and quickly got oof with them

I am going to try the raynox of some of the other lenses I have and see what effects I can get out of them :)

I was surprised about the coffee granules, as I almost had to climb into the pot to get the image, the diffuser was banging against the jar or overshooting it and I thought they should have been sharper.

I'll try them again, with some different subjects and different lens to see if I can get a bit of distance though the pringles diffuser hasn't got much of a reach. Might have to try the rolled up snoot or the arch diffuser that you made (y) cheers bud

You love that Raynox!! And it shows with evadance of some more great and imaginative shots.

You love that Raynox!! And it shows with evadance of some more great and imaginative shots.
cheers rob. Leaving the raynox tonight going to have a practice with the siggy, would be a shame if it didn't get used, so just going to see what I can get in the next hour or so :)

charging batteries on the 600d and will be back it again tomorrow with the simpler stuff (y)

Back