Some more ospreys to bore you

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Both these were taken at loch of the lowes again. Been trying different settings to try and get the IQ up when im using the bigma and having to crop the pics a good bit, i think these are better :shrug:

Both shots taken at 500mm 1/400 spot metering f8 iso 500 and resting on a bean bag from http://www.camerabeanbags.co.uk/

Im up in Scotland week after next but working :( got to visit some football club (for work) while im up there too perhaps i should see about getting a flight up on saturday lol

Jealous, me ? of course ;)

Now that would be a good idea (y)

Nice shots of some stunning birds!!

I've been lucky enough to get to Loch Garten and if you can get a chance to visit a next site Ian - I'd definitely recommend it!! :D

Matt

The best place ive found for ospreys is loch of the lowes, your not far away and a 600 with x2 convertor makes the nest fill the view finder (had a look through a chaps camera today)

Another question is it illegal to photography ospreys at there nest site where there isnt a proper hide ?

Another question is it illegal to photography ospreys at there nest site where there isnt a proper hide ?

Pretty much yes, they are a Schedule 1 bird so any activity that will disturb them at or near the nest requires a licence, you also have to be careful of the land required to get close to them, if its private land you could be had for trespass. Just a couple of things to be aware of :)

Ospreys are protected under Schedule 1 so you need to get a licence to disturb them and in many ways that includes photography. Best to check with the relevent authorities.

RSPB document and list of schedule 1 birds here.

Paul

Pretty much yes, they are a Schedule 1 bird so any activity that will disturb them at or near the nest requires a licence, you also have to be careful of the land required to get close to them, if its private land you could be had for trespass. Just a couple of things to be aware of :)

Thats what i thought, i know where there are a few nests in my area that you can get really close from the road without leaving the road or your car. Just dont want to get a large fine :D

P.S not sure there is a tresspass law in scotland :shrug:

Thats what i thought, i know where there are a few nests in my area that you can get really close from the road without leaving the road or your car. Just dont want to get a large fine :D

P.S not sure there is a tresspass law in scotland :shrug:

Hi,

you're right there is no Law of Trespass in Scotland :) cracking pics by the way.

Mike.

Back