Wild Some more Portencross

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Seem's to be quite a few threads as of late from Portencross in sunny Ayrshire ! I popped down one miserable evening a week or two ago and had a ball ! It was blowing a gale and the clouds were so dramatic , some of my favourite conditions to be honest .

Stormy Portencross by ChrisMarr, on Flickr

Stormy Portencross by ChrisMarr, on Flickr

I reckon i got a few keepers but haven't had the time to process them all yet :)

Thanks - C&C welcome , good and bad !

May be best viewed on flickr , i don't know if its just me but the previews look a bit dodgy .

Both well captured indeed Chris, for me the foreground in #1 does not sit right with whats going on with mother nature out to sea, looking at the scene you where lucky to get any light if any ? #2 certainly sits beautifully on my eye indeed and can say that is a great seascape.
thank you for sharing
Regards
Kevin

No 1 is integratedly dynamic, no 2 is confused and lost.

Both well captured indeed Chris, for me the foreground in #1 does not sit right with whats going on with mother nature out to sea, looking at the scene you where lucky to get any light if any ? #2 certainly sits beautifully on my eye indeed and can say that is a great seascape.
thank you for sharing
Regards
Kevin

Thanks Kevin :) It was a bit frustrating trying to stay dry and get the compositions i really wanted . Spent more time cleaning filters than shooting !

Thanks :) Numbers 2 i agree , the sky was stunning but it came and went so quickly - Composition is and always will be my downfall !

I know the feeling too Chris getting out and amongest it with filters steaming up and all, and then there are the ones behind their keyboards offering the best advice on the planet ?

Last edited:
I like both those shots Chris, lovely dramatic sky's. In my opinion worth getting wet for mate!
I hate cleaning filters too, always worry I'm gonna damage them!

Thanks for sharing, great shots!

The second image...dark tones, drama, movement.
It's beautiful.

Both well captured indeed Chris, for me the foreground in #1 does not sit right with whats going on with mother nature out to sea

Assuming you mean things seem to be a bit too calm I kind of disagree, If so I know what you mean but it sort of gives a calm before the storm feel. I really like them both.

You seem a bit at sea with your constructive criticism.

Reactions: ST4
I really like both of these pictures with no 1 in particular being so dramatic. I would love to see any others taken at this time.

2 nice shots Chris love the dramatic skies:)

Back