Some of my pics.

Good selection Ade, love the skylark taking off :)

Why are you doing this. Don't you crave the regenerating limelight of starting new threads.

Crap pics by the way. The horizon is out in every one of them:rolleyes:

Thanks Roger, got a few more to sort out.

We got closer to the harriers than we have before, we watched them for a few days and discovered where a pair were nesting. Rather than get too close, the harriers welfare is far,far more important than photographing them in my opinion, we watched and tried to learn their habits. These birds are very difficult to get close too, they are wary of parked cars and you have no chance of creeping up on them. So I reverted to getting camoed up and sitting in the heather, with millions of F***ing midges and a few deer tic, the female flew right over my head, but she came from behind me so I missed her. I`ll get them next time, if it takes weeks,i`ll get them.

Oddly,on three occasions we had the male and female withing 15 feet of the car whilst driving, as soon as you stop they are gone. The male is so difficult to get due to his colour as well.

These are two efforts, something to improve on.Both hefty crops.

Female hen harrier 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

Male hen harrier 1 by Fracster, on Flickr

What a brilliant set. Skylark is my fave. (Got to say, I like the rain drops on that juvenile image too.)

A very good set Ade, I especially like the Oystercatcher, the skylark, and the SEO in the rain.

Looks like you had a good time mate.Was the Harrier nest a different nest from the one I knew of? Some cracking shortie images as well.
Yes Mark, totally different, will discuss on the phone if you like.

I`m not prepared to offer the info on the net, far too many unscrupulous "photographers" out there.

Good stuff

Can't recall the last time I saw a Skylark

Thanks for the comments folks.

Phil, Uist was thick with skylarks whilst we were there.

This fella must be itchy.

Juvenile peregrine doing its stuff

Cheers all, I could have got a better shutter speed, but wanted some wing blur, I think it works better than having the whole adult perfectly sharp. It gives it a sense of speed I feel.

Lovely pose - well caught
Thanks Phil, I just spotted them whilst ambling about and grabbed a few pics of them, I think they are still having young down here as well.

Been filling the woodshed with logs for the winter, these two happened along as I was sawing up a windblow hawthorn tree. I`m liking the M4/3 system, just taking a bit of getting used to the controls.The high ISO is not a patch on FX Nikon bodies, but I wasn`t expecting it to be in fairness, handy little camera though and very light.

Sika Hind 2 July by fraccie76, on Flickr

Ade- you have one of the bestinspirational pictures in your set- should send it for competitions under Inspiration - one legged Redshank1

Every one looks as though it's been taken through double glazing.

Been watching a couple of these for a while now, they have taken residency on a ledge box that I placed in a barn for the barn owls, no matter, at least something is using them.

Big crop, but no hide set up yet.

Little Owl 1 by fraccie76, on Flickr

These wee birds will get better, this is on the roof of the old barn.

Little Owl 2 by fraccie76, on Flickr

Back