Some photos from long, long ago...

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
The first thing I have to say, is these are NOT my photos, however, as they were taken by the late Pa-in-Law, we do now technically own copyright and I am pretty sure he wouldn't complain. ;) I have shared some of them here before but long before we had a proper film section. The cameras used we still own and indeed I still use them, albeit very infrequently, mainly they sit in a glass fronted cabinet in the living room looking pretty.

However, they are a lovely look back at a time gone by, taken by a man who was heavily involved in Athletics administration and ergo travelled the world when it was less common to do so. I scanned the original slides several years ago now, on a very cheap scanner, so quality isn't great, but I do hope to do the entire collection again in the future with better equipment.

1 - Japan 1969 - official car and driver

69japan-02 by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

2 - another from Japan during some sight seeing

Japan 1969 by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

3 - Verona, also in 69 we think

Verona69 by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

4 - Verona again, pretty sure there are a few people in here that can identify those cars

69verona-02 by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

5 - Mexico in 1968, street sellers

Mexico 68 by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

6 - finally, probably my favourite of those I've uploaded, Sao Paulo, Brazil in 63 from the hotel window. This is one I know I have shared before but I think its worth a reshare. Apparently the hotel still exists and is still a hotel.

Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1963 by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Anyway, C&C probably not worth it, the photographer isn't listening, just sharing some photos I have enjoyed ;)

Last edited:
What a nice set! I've shared some of my father's pre and post-war colour slides on here, have a large wooden box packed solid with 6*9 negatives to go through some time! It's wonderful looking through them, and I found folk here very helpful in identifying some of the locations. I'd second Matt's idea...

What a nice set! I've shared some of my father's pre and post-war colour slides on here, have a large wooden box packed solid with 6*9 negatives to go through some time! It's wonderful looking through them, and I found folk here very helpful in identifying some of the locations. I'd second Matt's idea...

Thanks Chris, I think at the last count we have 4 large boxes of slides/prints. Many aren't worth scanning, but plenty are and many are of course interesting for the people in them as well as the locations. [for example one of those Verona pictures above has athlete David Hemery in it] It is most definitely on the to do list once we have finally sorted out moving house and stuff.

Cool, thanks for sharing!

I work at the British Embassy out here and I'm currently cataloguing/digitalising all of our old photos. Should make for an interesting collection when it's finished!

Absolutely, will you be able to share any, even if via a link?

I think so. I've taken the lead on doing it in my spare time (well, work time, but shhh) so I should be able to share them all.

Reactions: Yv
Back