Some Photo's of the British Firework Championships

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Went to the British Fireworks Championships in Plymouth last night and took a few photos with my newly acquired Sony Nex-5T.

Had a go using the tutorial written by MWHCVT an I am happy wit the results. Certainly beats my Iphone camera anyhow.

These are my first try and I am a very inexperienced photographerView attachment 18342 View attachment 18343 .

Rgds

Paul

You've done really well there Paul, exceptional for a first attempt, I'm glad that you found the guide useful...the colours on these are really nice, there's not a massive amount going on in the surrounding area it's still pretty dark, so especially on the second one I'd crop that into a portrait orientation to make it all about the fireworks

What settings did you use, I wonder if maybe something could be adjusted to let in a little more ambient light from the settings you've used?

Hi Matthew, I used Lightroom to mess around with the colours. Never used it till this morning so I don't really know what I am doing lol.

Here are the originals. I used WB set to daylight as I kept getting an error when trying to use White card to custom set the WB. Aperture was f/8 and speed at 2.5s. ISO at 200.

You've done really well, personally I've taken to shooting a lot of displays at a slightly higher ISO around 500ish as I've found it's a lot better for getting a little more ambient lighting in the landscape...you've got a few hotter (over exposed) areas round the bases of some of the displays but to be honest sometimes that's just unavoidable :) so unless its really bad I shouldn't worry too much (y)

I'm really liking some of the wider angle photos where it really places the display in the landscape and gives a real sense of scale (y)

Back