Some recent car rig shots.

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Do you have any images showing the setup you used to take the shots? I'd love to try something similar, might have to wash my car first though!

Some nice shots there, first one is the best for me.
Have you had to do much processing on them?
As above what was your setup?

Do you have any images showing the setup you used to take the shots? I'd love to try something similar, might have to wash my car first though!

Yeah, will go upload the shots with the rig before removal, no probs :)

Some nice shots there, first one is the best for me.
Have you had to do much processing on them?
As above what was your setup?

I sharpen and adjust the levels slightly but not much really :) was lucky with the natural flare on the first one.

Sammy do you have any pictures of the last two clio shots before you got rid of the rig? they look pretty wide so just out of interested where you placed the cups.

Also what is your set up 4.5M or 6M.

Nice clean sharp images btw.

yeah will go post them up and show the rig before I removed it in photoshop. I use a telescopic carbon fibre rig that goes from 2m to 6m so I just adjust to suit. The last two were probably about 6m and 4m of length roughly. thanks mate :)

Ahhhh, that makes much more sense, I couldn't work out how you had managed to keep two cars traveling at exactly the same speed for the exposure time!

My mate @cardiff_gareth can hook you up with one. I would really recommend one :)

Cheers Sammy!

Yes I sell a retractable full carbon fibre pole made of 3 x 2 metre sections :)

The set up is as below:

All you need then are:
Two suction cups, there are a few brands to choose from but I use Manfrotto Avenger F1000 cups, and two Manfrotto 035 super clamps. This will then allow you secure the pole to the car. Then you either need a Manfrotto magic arm or a Manfrotto 155 dual ball joint bracket.

Camera wise if you have a cropped sensor then a 10-20mm lens and a range of ND filters to slow the exposure down :)

Currently in talks with Manfrotto to be able to offer a mount kit complete package

Hope this helps :)

lol! We've had to increase the price slightly as the carbon grade was altered to give further stability and even less bounce. A 6 metre pole which is 3x2m, one slightly thinner than the other so they are telescopic and all sections have locking clips so whatever length you want to use it it then locks it is currently £250.00

That price includes delivery to UK addresses.

lol! We've had to increase the price slightly as the carbon grade was altered to give further stability and even less bounce. A 6 metre pole which is 3x2m, one slightly thinner than the other so they are telescopic and all sections have locking clips so whatever length you want to use it it then locks it is currently £250.00

nice one thanks

A bit but much much less than my old steel and aluminum pole I used. It is totally manageable as you can see from my shots. Definitely a great price of kit for those not wanting shell out 4 times the price for a pro rig

A bit but much much less than my old steel and aluminum pole I used. It is totally manageable as you can see from my shots. Definitely a great price of kit for those not wanting shell out 4 times the price for a pro rig

What's the weight like vs aluminium (I have rig pro booms which I think are aluminium)?

How much does your 6m boom weigh for example?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, next time I have it out (so to speak haha) I will weigh it. It is really really light though. Could easily be picked up and held with two fingers to give you an idea!

I'm not sure, next time I have it out (so to speak haha) I will weigh it. It is really really light though. Could easily be picked up and held with two fingers to give you an idea!

The lightness is a factor I really fancy - basically anything I can do to reduce the load on the cups.

The chap who is currently letting me loose on his collection wants me to have a go on his Ferraris, one of which is a Enzo! I must admit I'm a bit nervous using the heavy aluminium poles I'm using on that one!

It's a particularly curvy car so I imagine I'll struggle with cup placement on it too.

Back