700mm 800 ISO

That'll be Mammy with the babies now arrived then ... :D

Nice one Cedric ... (y) ... if a bit on the light side ... :shrug:

:p

OK Rog - I've hit it with the Pizzaz filter. :D

So thats where he got to then!!! :nono:

Great stuff as always CT (y)

... well, thats if I dont look too closely at the beak! :puke:

Btw, had a bit of a surprise this morning when 2 came to the table at once.

One was smaller, sleeker than the other ... how can I tell the diff between male & female?

So thats where he got to then!!! :nono:

Great stuff as always CT (y)

... well, thats if I dont look too closely at the beak! :puke:

Btw, had a bit of a surprise this morning when 2 came to the table at once.

One was smaller, sleeker than the other ... how can I tell the diff between male & female?

You'd have to be a real expert Glo to tell the difference. There's some suggestion that the amount of red over the beak is an indication but I wouldn't bank on it. Pick 'em up and see if they rattle is probably the best idea. ;)

Seriously if you saw two that close together and no aggro they'd almost certainly be male and female - Male Robins will fight to the death over territiory - aggressive little buggers!

Seriously if you saw two that close together and no aggro they'd almost certainly be male and female - Male Robins will fight to the death over territiory - aggressive little buggers!

Yes Id heard that, so I pressumed a pair.
They flew off to a nearby branch and sat side by side... but there was a bit of fluttering of feathers, and one of them began making the 'distress call' as I call it (noted usually when the cats are around), then flew off.
Just your average bickering happy couple I guess! :LOL:

*PS dont mean to hijack your thread.*

You can hijack my threads any time Glo. This shot actually isn't quite as sharp as I'd like - the wind was buffeting the tripod like Hell. :shrug:

Very nice CT as always :)

Ain't it grand to think it's not long to go before all those ickle bitty babies are about being fed by the feeders!

Back