Some shots i tried

The red rose shot is over exposed, did you shoot it in RAW? if so you could pull it back, When shooting an image with bright reds in the reds wil blow out or over expose. The shot is also soft, what aperture did you use?

The second shot I would crop in more to remove some of the background, try and keep backgrounds plain so as not to distract from the focal point of the shot. Agains slightly soft there.

@sbowler579 :- Thanks for your comments. As you said i removed the red rose. I have cropped the second one. Please check and let me know if this ok..

View attachment 22907

And for the red rose the aperture that i used is f/4 with shutter speed as 1/20th of a second and i shoot all my pics in raw. But i chose the WB as cloudy as the environment was cloudy with ISO as 100.. :(.. Please suggest what needs to be used in order to get a proper shot..

Last edited:
For the rose shot, in camera raw reduce the exposure so the reds are not blown out. When shooting try bracketing the images at around -1 or -2 stops between frames.

To increase the sharpness on the second shot shoot around F11 and don't be afraid to push the ISO up to keep the shutter speed high enough to stop camera shake.

could you touch this item and put a bit of textured but not to noticeable backround material under it
try to photograph at right angles to the plane of the work...which means...as above
a tripod.
then you can use a low iso and a high f no...and manual focussing i would venture
take more than 1 or 6 for that matter
varying focus point and exposure..
what is the emblem in fact and where was it taken
cheers
geof

@mrtoad :- The emblem is of lord sarswati.. She is basically called as lord of knowledge... It was taken @ somebody's home and it was stick to some storage pot...

@mrtoad :- The emblem is of lord sarswati.. She is basically called as lord of knowledge... It was taken @ somebody's home and it was stick to some storage pot...
well at least it wasnt in a museum where touching is forbidden
you could try to elevate it a bit with some side lighting
and if you need some good advice...ask sarswati..:D

@Keerthi Prashanth S

Find an angle that doesn't have the dark green area of grass in shot (or whatever it is), as it's very distracting.. not only because it's so much darker than the subject, and the rest of the background, but because it's green, which contrasts heavily with the warm tones of the subject.

Also.. go higher, and look directly at the subject, as A) that would probably have got rid of the grass, and B) would have prevented the bottom of lord sarswati being out of focus, as he would have been more perpendicular to the camera lens.

Go closer if your lens will allow... remove any distractions.

@Pookeyhead :- Thanks for your nice comments and points.. I will keep a note of it.. But the problem here is if i go near the subject then my lens blurs the subject.. Basically u need to have a distance of 1 feet between you and the subject... :(

@Pookeyhead :- Thanks for your nice comments and points.. I will keep a note of it.. But the problem here is if i go near the subject then my lens blurs the subject.. Basically u need to have a distance of 1 feet between you and the subject... :(

Still... keeping the object perpendicular would have been best, as the grass would have been removed, and the whole statue would have been on the same plane of focus.. so would have been sharper from top to bottom.

Back