Some shots of WetCatSnakes from BWC

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
Second visit to the British Wildlife Centre today! Was pretty quiet which was nice in a way but the winter sun isn't fantastic for photos... Good test for the 7d2
There's some higher ISO stuff but these are relatively low and I think they'll be my faves of the day

Swimmy Otter by Phal44, on Flickr

Otter Swim by Phal44, on Flickr

Lutra Lutra by Phal44, on Flickr

Not keen on the processing as they're a bit dark; any chance of seeing colour versions?

Well I do sometimes wonder whether my monitor is a bit bright which causes other people to view my images as darker but I think I also tend to like darker and more contrasty images anyway. The histogram on these is pretty much just spiked in the middle so it shouldn't be too far wrong.

The shots themselves were taken in the shade with some light poking through the trees so it's not the brightest in the first place. That being said, I like my B&W shots very contrasty so both the clarity and contrast sliders are bumped up somewhat.

Here's a more normal looking colour version

Lutra Lutra Colour by Phal44, on Flickr

They do look good, but then I'd expect so with that kit ;)
The otters don't really work for me, even though I too prefer the darker, more contrasty look. They are difficult to get right at this time of year and if the water was reflecting a more colourful sky, they'd be better.
The Polecat and Mink are classic poses and can be tricky to keep up with, so well done for them. Maybe a little dark for some, but i like them as is (y)

Yeah the light wasn't great in a lot of the pics which was half the challenge. It was good practise for the AF and the ISO performance but the light looked quite bland because it was often in the shadows.

The colour version of the Otters didn't look great to me either which is why I tried the B&W and I quite liked it :)

Both the Polecat and the Mink are ISO 2500 because they're in the shade again! Stupid winter sun not being high enough :(

Its not the easiest place to shoot especially in the winter is it?

Nice polecat :)

Its not the easiest place to shoot especially in the winter is it?

Nice polecat :)

Thanks :) The new body seems to help I think even if it's all in my head because I'm far less concerned about letting my ISO ramp up a bit compared to my 70d. I'm not even sure how much better it is with the high ISOs but all the hype seems to have seeped into my brain and it all looks ok! Even ISO 6400 shots look reasonable if I don't have to crop much but for all I know my 70d was as good and I never tried it lol.

The low sun position is quite a hurdle for everyone I guess! Even at midday, the sun is so far south that you're still getting a decent amount of shadows.

Back