Some surfing shots.

Edit My Images
Yes
Inspired by some of the surfing shots I toddled off down the beach today and had a blast.

Surf1.jpg

Red-boar-BW.jpg

red-board.jpg

waiting-to-go.jpg

BobR Nice very nice, the black and white one looks good with the red board.(y)

The bottom one is funny i think they are saying "Look at that idiot in the freezin' water, think i'll just sit here and watch" "yea me too"

or

" Where's all the water goin' "

Cheers.

The Sigma glass is just not as sharp as your Canon L....grrr. The colours are not as vibrant - But then again my 50-500mm Bigma was probably about £3k less! :LOL:

I had a lot of fun though trying and mucking about with different settings on the camera. I tended to use centre weighted metering which I think worked. I used Apeture priority mainly.Towards the end I went from handheld to using the monopod and shot straight out from the beach towards the subject.

Earlier I had been at 45 degrees and elevated to the subject on a small headland - i didn't feel that worked though.

You've caught the action well there, but they look like they'd stand a bit of a sharpen and a touch of contrast?

red-board_2_.jpg

Like CT said a bit of contrast and sharpen, hope you dont mind but i gave them a bit of a go.
They lost a bit on recompression and working on small files the full size ones should come up nice.

Surf1.jpg

red-board.jpg

waiting-to-go.jpg

Mark

Cheers.

I used Apeture priority mainly.Towards the end I went from handheld to using the monopod and shot straight out from the beach towards the subject.

Earlier I had been at 45 degrees and elevated to the subject on a small headland - i didn't feel that worked though.

Hi

I always shoot in shutter priority and set it high enough to freeze the action but not too much, around 1/640 usually does it, but if you can try 1/800. I always use a tripod with a gimball head, but a 3 way or ball will work just as well.
Shooting from higher up doesnt always work depends how high you are and if they are comming straight to you. I try and shoot so i'm level with them if at all possible.
The main thing is that you enjoy doing it, I love it, but love it more when its a blazing hot day, and you can turn the camera through 180 deg and get some equally pleasing shots.

One comment. Eye contact.
You could do with some. At least the guys looking this way.

Back