Some windy kite-surfing and a windsurfer

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
A mix of regular looking shots and some processing fun from a little jaunt after work... I got wet :/

1- This is my fave I guess

Rah by Phal44, on Flickr

2- My second favourite? :D

Get Down Low by Phal44, on Flickr

3- Now they're not really in order but I like this one since the guy seems to be enjoying himself :)

Heading In by Phal44, on Flickr

4- I just liked this one because there were two in the shot and the front guy looks pretty chilled out

Hi There by Phal44, on Flickr

5- It was pretty windy with a lot of spray anyway and then we got some rain too which made everything hazy in the distance so I went with that and made it softer too. This guy was just getting back in the water

Beach Stroll by Phal44, on Flickr

6- This is a bit more of a representation of how it looked before processing.

Worthing Pier by Phal44, on Flickr

7- Not a great situation for getting detail on the guy whilst keeping the background properly exposed so I went for more of a silhouette look :)

Light Light by Phal44, on Flickr

8- A bit more black and white

Splash Left by Phal44, on Flickr

9- Splishy splashy turns always look cool

Turning Right by Phal44, on Flickr

10- I guess I just like this for the colours and the sea spray etc since you can't see much of him

Kite Into Sunset by Phal44, on Flickr

11- A shot turned to B&W and then with coolness applied after to make it blue/black/white only. It makes the spray pop more as it's white but I'm not 100% sure it totally works here. I just left it like that since I couldn't find an option which I liked more :/

Turning Blue by Phal44, on Flickr

I think ( for me ) that last one works really well, it certainly does highlight the spray and make it pop.. gives a real stormy feel to it.. love it..

2 5 7 are then my favourites out of the rest.. gorgeous lighting and colour:D

I think ( for me ) that last one works really well, it certainly does highlight the spray and make it pop.. gives a real stormy feel to it.. love it..

2 5 7 are then my favourites out of the rest.. gorgeous lighting and colour:D

Thanks :) Yeah it's definitely tempting to process them all like that. The nice orangy shots were whilst looking west towards the sun as it was going down. The shots where I was pointing south or south-east weren't as colourful so those are the black and white ones or the blue/black and white :)

Missed these,some excellent dramatic shots,well done.:)

#7 for me as well, I like those type of silhouette images, but a nice set.

Back