Something a bit different...

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm always trying to look for something a bit different at sports events, something that stands out, not necessarily an action shot. I was quite happy I thought to quickly frame this up at the Brisbane Roar game on Friday night.

Anyone else got something from a sports event that is a bit different? I'd be interested to see.

View attachment 23558

I like it Steven. Was the flame constant or just repeating at regular intervals to help you to frame it right?

Thanks! The flame blasted for about half a second, maybe 10 times at random intervals. I just framed up, shifted the focus over to the players and waited for the flame. Pretty good that the crowd were singing with their arms up at that point too!

Last edited:
The most exciting event to happen at 'my' home ground - ever ...

Thanks! The flame blasted for about half a second, maybe 10 times at random intervals. I just framed up, shifted the focus over to the players and waited for the flame. Pretty good that the crowd were singing with their arms up at that point too!

Nice! That's a typical situation where by the time I've seen the opportunity the bloody flame stops!

Fabulous shots.:)

At the risk of turning this into a flame thread...;)

From the Diamond League at Hampden. Blake pulled up and is watching the rest of the field celebrate. It was a reasonable shot, then just as i set up, the flames started..

Sometimes...it just happens..!

Yohan Blake by bobby.gavin, on Flickr

All I got is a 30 man punch up, to many arm, fists & legs to really make anything out off :D

Back