Critique Something a bit Spooky

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
It has been a while since I have posted on here so thought I'd revisit and see how active the forums still are. I am trying to make up my mind about whether this has been over cooked, or not.
It was taken on a bright sunny morning, last week. Carys was channeling her inner Morticia Aadams so I felt it apt to adjust the moodiness sliders in Lightroom in order to add the right atmosphere to the shot.
My confidence in my photography has been waning so have returned to the place where I could rely on honest appraisal and guidance which went way beyond the Insta / FB 'nice shot' comment.
Carys--3.jpg

I like it a lot!!

It is over processed for my taste, it'd look more natural if you got closer to this result with lighting rather than processing.
Thanks for your thoughts. In an ideal world this would have been an overcast day; I never expected something closer to June conditions at the end of October.

Glad you like it though.

Very striking Simon :D

We see a lot of pictures on this site that have had a lot of processing done and sometimes maybe obviously so but in the case of the above shot maybe a degree of a, what can I say? polished? look maybe fits the tone and intent here?

Whatever. I like it. Well done Simon :D

Very striking Simon :D

We see a lot of pictures on this site that have had a lot of processing done and sometimes maybe obviously so but in the case of the above shot maybe a degree of a, what can I say? polished? look maybe fits the tone and intent here?

Whatever. I like it. Well done Simon :D
Many thanks, Alan - appreciate the comments and the smiley emojis

"Excellent" creative portrait style capture Simon, pushes all the right buttons for me.

Back