Something a little different

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
Quite barren in a way :) Not much on the horizon and processed in a way to make it look a little strange. I almost went with more whacky colours to restrained myself lol

This is just a beach at low tide with some cloud if you're wondering lol

Something Alien by Phal44, on Flickr

Since this is a CC section, IMO the horizon is a bit too central, and the image would have benefited from you being a little lower & turning slightly to the right to use that row of ripples in the sand as a stronger lead line. The thing it lacks most is a focal point, but the colours or tones aren't really whacky at all (though it would be nice if that little patch of sky top right wasn't blown) and it looks far more like a typical afternoon on an English beach with the ever-predictable storm rolling in to soak the unlucky grockles. ;)

Since this is a CC section, IMO the horizon is a bit too central, and the image would have benefited from you being a little lower & turning slightly to the right to use that row of ripples in the sand as a stronger lead line. The thing it lacks most is a focal point, but the colours or tones aren't really whacky at all (though it would be nice if that little patch of sky top right wasn't blown) and it looks far more like a typical afternoon on an English beach with the ever-predictable storm rolling in to soak the unlucky grockles. ;)

I had tried a few lower shots but I found that a lower POV lost a lot of detail in the beach. Maybe a different lens would have been better but this was just a walkabout with the 24mm STM in the hope of keeping things light so I made do :)

I definitely need to pay more attention to my framing though. I'm not sure there was a better option here but the fact I can't remember means I could have paid more attention hehe :) There weren't many other options for the horizon with this shot though (that I could find in PP). There was a bit more sky but it was clearer instead of darker which I didn't want. I guess I could have cloned more dark sky hehe.

I thought about adding a greenish tinge to the sky in the brighter areas but wasn't too sure about that.

Last edited:
Back