Something to cheer you up on a Friday, perhaps. My daughter and her many funny faces.

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
My daughter is that age, where she pulls the funniest of faces. As soon as she started, I had to rush and get the camera to get some photos. Hope they brighten up your day a little.

Her vocabulary is limited to "ALRIGHT" very loudly, and "YEAH YEAH YEAH". Thankfully, she hasn't learned the word "NO" yet, which I guess is just a matter of time...

Thought I would use the siggy 105mm macro as a portrait lens and see how that went. Love how sharp the lens is, very very impressed and loved how close I can get as well. I would have got just face shots, but I did want to get the spoon into as many images as possible.

Used bounced flash off the ceiling while she scoffed on her yogurt. I would have went for rule of 1/3rds but then you'd see a boring kitchen as she's sad in her baby seat at the dining table.

The photos are more about her expressions, rather than composition, though I did do a little cropping to tidy up the images.

1.. One messy messy little madam. (squinting because I got the camera out and the flash going off, wasn't impressed.
14800059025_081ee94594_b.jpg

14800058875_88a41b4862_b.jpg

14613350470_9cbdb5f702_b.jpg

4.. Think this would be her puppy-dog eye look. How can you say no when you get a look like that?
14799704012_6cea79d93c_b.jpg

Cheers for popping in, hope they put a little smile on your face. Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

Amazing Carl.... very sharp and brilliant facial expressions.

#1/2 are great with only niggle in #2 is the chopping of half the hand.

Certainly had me smiling.

Last edited:
Love the expressions! Vibrant and fun!

I'd be tempted to clone the hand out in two - not sure though!

I often get similar madcap stuff from my youngest. When I look back at my pics I always wish I'd remember to shoot from a slightly lower position. Might have added something here?

S

Last edited:
Lovely images, great contrast and really like no 2.

Cheers Nick :)

very funny and will be great to show her in 16 years time lol just as her friends are round!!!

Got lots of embarassing photos :D hahaha thanks :)

Amazing Carl.... very sharp and brilliant facial expressions.

#1/2 are great with only niggle in #2 is the chopping of half the hand.

Certainly had me smiling.

cheers bryn, am well happy with it as a portrait lens, will be good to try it outdoors as well. Since its absolutely chucking it down outside, looks like some indoor photos this weekend :/

Love the expressions! Vibrant and fun!

I'd be tempted to clone the hand out in two - not sure though!

I often get similar madcap stuff from my youngest. When I look back at my pics I always wish I'd remember to shoot from a slightly lower position. Might have added something here?

S

cheers shaheed, I did low-ish, I didn't want to get the cupcake table cloth (vinyl) in the image, very cheesy lol, hopefully will be able to get her posing by next year. Want her doing some "horror" style images, ripped up teddy or doll with missing eyes, gas mask, standing in the corner of a room, that sort of thing :D wont scar her. Hopefully. Along with some cuties too :)

lovely- No1 made me smile :D

Cheers les, very funny girl, though can pull a good tantrum.

14798066604_33b71d6794_b.jpg

lmao - im an evil dad. That'll be saved for her 18th ;)

Awesome shots, 3 my favorite, great color contrast.

cheers (y)

these are the reason I kick myself that I didn't get into photography 11 years ago as I have pretty much nothing of my eldest.

Lovely set, Carl :clap:

Nicely done Carl, some of the expressions are pricelesss :)

Cheers everyone, am glad you liked them :)

these are the reason I kick myself that I didn't get into photography 11 years ago as I have pretty much nothing of my eldest.

Lovely set, Carl :clap:

I could always get a full length shot of Lily and you could photoshop the face over hers if you want? lol

The reason I got into photography was because of her, when we found out that we were going to have a kid, I wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything. Its funny looking back at the images now, couldn't imagine her being small but am so glad I did take <hundreds> of her. Even if Im not around when she's older, she'll know her dad photographed the hell out of her and worshipped the ground she crawled on :)

Got a boy coming in less than 2 months :) :) Do it all over again :) and then thats it, no more kids, cant afford any more plus the missus is 40 now so would be risking miscarriages (we had one before lily, then lily came, then another miscarriage and thankfully Luke is on his way - so star wars themed photos soon :) hahaha "I am your father Luke" (my first go at chroma green below with a photo I robbed off the web, sorry to the tog I pinched it off (whoever it is) but it had to be done), so trooper photo not mine Im afraid. :(

12103868074_0ea445bb66_b.jpg

Back