Somewhat late British Superbike Championship (BSB)- Brands Hatch

Its funny how I just crit'd another bike event (MX) but whereas I had a moan about cutting off bits of the bike, in the first image, it doesn't matter so much because you've got his eyes in the image (the look of determination and concentration) whereas in the 4th image, cutting the bike front wheel off a little and most of the rear end, does spoil that one for me because there's nothing to look at much, i.e. no face showing so that image doesn't do anything for me, sorry!

The 2nd image, Im not sure about at all. If the lady was talking to a biker with his helmet under his arms or something that made me think its motorcycle related, I would like the image more, but as it is, its just a lady with her mouth open (are there any photos of women with their moves closed - no, the shutterspeed cant go fast enough to capture that bit hahahaha). i.e. if you posted that image on its own, we wouldn't have a clue what the image represented. I dont mean that to sound horrible - (and apologies ladies, I couldn't resist)

Image 3, I want to see more of the bike, either get in closer so we can see the exhaust or further out so we can see the whole thing. I know some git was in the way, I can see their arm in the foreground so maybe wait until the opportunity arises for you to get a better image.

Apologies for the negativity, I did spend a fair bit of time analysing these to give you some fair critique and it is of course, just my opinion, which mean's nothing. :)

Carl,

Many thanks for your critique. - I will update the Thread to reflect its the British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch

The 2nd image - the lady happens to be Jenny Tinmouth, she is the biker talking to some boys and no doubt dads wanting her autograph. They always do a paddock walk at these events.
It just so happens Jenny is the current female Isle of Man TT lap record holder, breaking the record during her first ever TT in 2009 and gaining a Guinness World Record for this achievement. Jenny is also the first and only female competing in the British Superbike Championship for which she received yet another Guinness World Record and currently runs her own team! running her own Honda CBR1000RR Superbike in the Championship.

This is her in action earlier this year.

20140425 BSB Testing Oulton Park-95 by Graham Worley, on Flickr

Image 3 - agree, busy paddock, just wanted to try different things - happy to learn though

Image 4 - found what I hope to be a better picture, same rider - Mark Burditt

Many thanks

Love the 2 shots off Jenny. The 3/4 shot is one of the most hardest to get right Ive find on the odd occasion Ive shot bikes, assuming they were both shot on the hairpin by the looks of it.
Ive found that westifield you can get some really good 3/4 shots, there bliming quick through there but if you nail it you can get some good ones, I had someone with their elbow down but i completely missed focus.
An example of what I mean
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maximumrevsphotography/10409292583/

Love the 2 shots off Jenny. The 3/4 shot is one of the most hardest to get right Ive find on the odd occasion Ive shot bikes, assuming they were both shot on the hairpin by the looks of it.
Ive found that westifield you can get some really good 3/4 shots, there bliming quick through there but if you nail it you can get some good ones, I had someone with their elbow down but i completely missed focus.
An example of what I mean
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maximumrevsphotography/10409292583/

Hi many thanks, yes always good to walk round Brands

Back