Sony A6000 Lens Advice Pls! :)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

it's been a while since I've been on this forum largely due to the birth of my son a few years ago. Anyway I've recently dug out my D300 for a short trip to Paris and seem to have got my wife interested in photography as I explained to her how to use it. So, cutting the story short, I've gone and bought her a Sony A6000 with the kit lenses (16-50 and 55-210) as I read only good reviews of this camera and it seems to fit her requirements nicely.

Although the kit lenses are supposed to be OK, I was wondering what lenses you guys would recommend as an "all-rounder"? 18-200 OSS?

I also would like to know how well Nikon lenses work on the A6000 with an adaptor? I have an 18-200 VR lens which would be great if it works well on the A6000. Any one know if this is a good idea?

Many thanks! :)

I guess that's your only option... I'd be more interested in a fast prime, or cheap n great sigma primes, or a macro...

I agree with above. You got 18-200 covered well more than covered you have 16-210. Sigmas little 30mm is a lovely compliment.

We don't like super-zooms around these parts ooh arr.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of super-zooms myself too, my go-to lenses have been the 17-55 and 50 but I can't argue with how convenient and versatile they can be on holidays with a toddler. So rather than carrying around a bunch of glass, my wife can just carry one lens - which given her level of interest and experience is probably about right.

My other question was whether anyone knows if Nikon lens work well on Sony E-mount cameras like the A6000 (with adapter)?

Tarmon also have a 18-200 for the sony e-mount, which is cheaper and more compact.

Considering getting a a6000, which of the primes are best, or is it just down to personnel preference ?

Also interested in recommendations for a macro if anyone can help.

the sigmas are great value, I think dyxum covers e mount now, I don't know much about e primes

macro wise any old manual macro on a adapter :)

Yes, if going for the a6000, the sigma 30mm dn and 60mm dn would be a great combo. I use it on a nex 6.

Back