Sony RX100

....I don't think you'll be disappointed. Though I am not finding setting it up the way I prefer to be very easy. My Canon 70D has a touchscreen and I keep thinking that the RX100 II also has one!

If you are after a case.... http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/sony-leather-case-for-rx100-rx100m2.521109/

I have it:clap: No need for a case - got the little Lowepro one. Taken about two infuriating hours to get it on my wireless network.

Anybody broken the USB flap yet?

....Feels extremely breakable, doesn't it! But so do most camera body 'doors' or 'hatches'.

I have it:clap: No need for a case - got the little Lowepro one. Taken about two infuriating hours to get it on my wireless network.

Don't plan on using it too often. Card reader and external charger!

S

I've just purchased the RX100 Mii from DigitalRev. I wasn't really happy about spending the money, but I just couldn't resist! (Also, DigitalRev have it at a VERY good price!) It's currently on it's way from Hong Kong. I'm just wondering if it's going to be a more useful, and better performer than my Nikon d3100 in the long run?

Don't plan on using it too often. Card reader and external charger!

S

But it's not progress is it? I don't mind taking the battery out of my other cameras for charging, but taking out the memory card in this day and age? I haven't used a card reader in ten years.

What charger did you get?

I've found the downside to the rx100.

I put it in my pocket yesterday night as we were going out for an Xmas meal with some friends and I thought it would be nice to get some pictures of us all, as I don't have any.

So we were there from about 7pm til just gone 11, and I didn't take a single photo.. Why??

Cos the camera is so bloody small, I completely forgot I had it in my pocket!! :bonk:

But it's not progress is it? I don't mind taking the battery out of my other cameras for charging, but taking out the memory card in this day and age? I haven't used a card reader in ten years.

What charger did you get?

The expro dual charger from amazon. Seems to work fine and I have three batteries - the lowepro Napoli case lets me keep one in the pouch.

I always used a USB lead with my d90 but then bought a card reader and it works much better for me. Especially as I use two different cameras.

As you don't mind taking the battery out, take the card out at the same time - it's right next to it :naughty:

But I get your point. It isn't the most robust part of the camera!

S

Could we add sony z1 phone pics to this thread..lol Dont think a z1 thread would get much traffic lol

I've just purchased the RX100 Mii from DigitalRev. I wasn't really happy about spending the money, but I just couldn't resist! (Also, DigitalRev have it at a VERY good price!) It's currently on it's way from Hong Kong. I'm just wondering if it's going to be a more useful, and better performer than my Nikon d3100 in the long run?

How is your RX100MKII? Have you been charged for tax/duty?

How is your RX100MKII? Have you been charged for tax/duty?

Great thanks! I got it just before Christmas, which was good. Did not need to pay tax/duty (or at least not yet!), so DigitalRev have delivered on their promises. I feel like I got a bargain! It's a great camera, but I've not yet had a chance to try it out. There are alot of menu options to get your head around.

I think I'll be investing in a screen protector immediately though. And maybe one of those little grips.

Chris

Glad you like it Chris..the menus certainly take a bit of getting used too as there is so many features!Well worth taking your time though and becoming familiar with them.Definitely get the screen protector!!I had mine for not even a week before I had a protector and it still picked up a couple of tiny marks and I baby all my gear.Enjoy and look forward to seeing some pics on the thread.

As Sony lock the choice of video frame rate on the RX100 to either 50i or 60i depending on the region it is for I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a RX100 in the UK but found it to be a 60i version which I think is really for NTSC tv's, also has it made any difference to displaying video on a Pal TV or video player

A couple from me

1.Sasha
DSC01498-Copy_zps61bdab17.jpg

2. Edinburgh Xmas Nightime
DSC01390-Copy_zpsecee079e.jpg

I rarely have pics in colour but am impressed with the way the sony handles colour.

Again, rx100 in the pocket - we were out to the cinema then lunch.

One of my friends asked why I'd not got the big camera as opposed to the sony!

......because it's big!!!

Mine arrived today. Looking forward to getting to grips with it.

I've had my RX100 II since the beginning of December but I also bought a Canon 70D and two Canon L lenses around the same time and then a Canon 400mm f5.6L in January and so I haven't used my RX100 II much after the first day at The Bluebell Railway until very recently. And that's in spite of always having it in a pouch on my trousers belt.

I even considered selling it because the autofocus is so slow (compared to my DSLR) and the zoom is so limited. Also, it's heavy for its size and I keep frustratingly hitting the Movie button - I can't find a way to disable it.

However, I bought a Richard Franiec grip and was playing with friends at a Blues Jam session last Sunday and took some snaps while I wasn't playing.

I also snap'd a friend's dog and am suddenly very pleased with the camera! The tilt screen was invaluable for the doggie shot.

No10_Mutter_00516R.jpg

^ #1

No10_Jon_00504R.jpg

^ #2

No10_Nick_00513R.jpg

^ #3

No10_Tim_00472R.jpg

^ #4

AintNothinBLUES_Mutter1.jpg

^ #5

The logos are designed by myself and RED INK is me.

Brody_00417v2.jpg

I haven't really got into the settings yet and have just been point-n-shoot on Auto+ and deciding when to use flash or not. Being able to bounce flash off a ceiling (in landscape only) is useful.

I only shoot RAW.

Hi Stuart :) - I noticed you sold your RX100 II :(.

IF I was to sell mine and we are both still around on TP, then I would offer you first refusal but don't hold your breath because I'm liking it more as I use it. There are things which could be improved but what it does well it does extremely well indeed.

Hello all

I was just wondering if anyone had used their mobile to trigger the shutter on the MK2 version, which I think is possible.

Thanks

Al

Back