Sorry, been to Iceland again.

Merc

Loves Canon
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Sorry, it seems all I put up lately are photo's from Iceland but I've just had another very successful trip taking Alan Fletcher AKA Dr Karl Kennedy from Neighbours and Matt Spracklen round the south and east of Iceland. Needless to say they loved it and will be coming back to do a tour of the west and north. I'm back out there again a week Friday so will be boring you all with more when I get back.

Vestrahorn by Mark A Jones (Andreas Jones Photography), on Flickr

Skogafoss by Mark A Jones (Andreas Jones Photography), on Flickr

Seljalandsfoss by Mark A Jones (Andreas Jones Photography), on Flickr

Aurora Borealis by Mark A Jones (Andreas Jones Photography), on Flickr

Aurora Borealis by Mark A Jones (Andreas Jones Photography), on Flickr

Blue lagoon by Mark A Jones (Andreas Jones Photography), on Flickr

Last edited:
Superb images! My wife has a bee in her bonnet to visit Iceland. Just picked up a brochure.

I really want to go there for my birthday next year as its a big one but my husband thinks we should go on a cruise. :)

Beautiful photographs by the way! (y)

Great images Mark.....2 months and counting before I go!
Still trying to nail down the locations to visit...seems they're so many!
All the best
Neil

Lovely set Mark. I especially like the Vestrahorn shot - plenty of texture in the snow and ice. Also love the shot with the reflection of the Aurora in the water. Cant wait for our trip there at the end of next week.

Iceland looks amazing.mcan you post a bit of techniCal detail please? Thanks

Stunning images as always Mark, good to see your keeping busy as a tour guide and it is all working out for you.

Corking set of images. Iceland is on my to do list, along with a great many other places

Robin

Not sure which makes me more jealous going to Iceland or meeting Fletch. He's supposed to be a really really top bloke.

P.s Love the aurora shots. stunning

Firstly, may I just say .......You're a jammy git. :LOL:

That said, as ever the images a pure pleasure to see.

Thank you all very much for your kind comments. Much appreciated.

Chipper. If you click on the photo's you will find all the exif data.

Mattyg. He really is a top bloke. We had such a good laugh. We tried to do a serious video for his blog using the car headlights for lighting. Not a good idea. We'd already been laughing a lot and this video just sums up the mood for the whole tour. I guess you had to be there but here it is.

Not long now Pete. :)

Last edited:
Fabulous set. I particularly like the Northern light shots.....very nice.

I hope you managed to avoid the really bad weather they had a few weeks ago, I read one of the English written Icelandic news web sites recently and it sounded bad.

Cheers Steve.

Thanks Mulch. We had some horrendous weather out there at times. Winds 80mph plus and very heavy snow. (even for Iceland) I was stood on some ice and kept being blown along. Ended up crawling, it was easier but I follow the weather as best I can when I'm there which does help a lot. Again there were a lot of cars in the ditch. Mostly tourists not driving to the conditions. Some locals too.

Hi again.. Perhaps You could post a kit list? I am lobbying for a trip here with my partner.

A nice set - I'm there from the 15th of February for a week. Quite looking forward to it.

Inspiring set, Mark. Really looking forward to the March trip with Andy. Hope I get a few like the ones you posted.

WOW!! Great pictures Merc....myself and my wife are due to be visiting Iceland on the 14th Feb for 3 days....the usual touristy places with some whale watching along the way but I shall be taking my camera with me for sure!!

Thanks again all. Kind of you to comment.

Hi again.. Perhaps You could post a kit list? I am lobbying for a trip here with my partner.

There are so many variables.... Lens' I have from 14 to 200 mm covered. 2 camera bodies. Tripod. Various Lee GND's and ND's. In summer warmish clothes and in winter VERY warm clothes.

Beautiful.....I love #1 & #2 and the first aurora shot really is fantastic! :)

Just Stunning images as usual Mark, i would give individual Crit but no need.... Beautiful! Just lovely work Mark, i really enjoyed looking at them thank you.

Thank you once again for commenting. As said I'm back out there next Thursday so I'm afraid I'll be boring you with more but next week is more about me getting some photo's rather than running a workshop.

What a superb set - has confirmed its a place I'd love to visit.

Very jealous you're on your way back shortly !!!

Back