South coast sunset - Shoreham/Lancing/ Worthing area

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely colours, I especially like the last two.

Great set, and to be honest, I'm a fan of the first two. Although there's something about the shine on the rocks that I don't like. They don't look real.

Great set, and to be honest, I'm a fan of the first two. Although there's something about the shine on the rocks that I don't like. They don't look real.

Yeah I wasn't sure about them. It's a HDR shot so I can't figure out whether they look slightly weird due to being better exposed than they would normally or whether it's something else.

They look shiny because they're been smoothed by the water/sand and they're still wet here because the tide was on it's way out. I had a few other shots with rocks in the foreground but they didn't look as good imo so they didn't make it.

Hi Etienne --For me with the exception of #4 you have pushed the colours a bit to far, --but with #4 you have defiantly got yourself a wonderful picture, really good work,

Geoff

Hi Etienne --For me with the exception of #4 you have pushed the colours a bit to far, --but with #4 you have defiantly got yourself a wonderful picture, really good work,

Geoff
Yeah I have trouble gauging the saturation when it comes out of the HDR process in Photoshop. It looks quite saturated straight out of the process and then if I add any contrast/clarity then it boosts it a bit more. In the past I've tried to de-saturate shots and they look weird too lol

#4 and #5 should be practically the same apart from the orientation since they were taken quite soon after each other with the same lens etc.

Cheers guys, the input is appreciated :)

Back