Southport Flower Show 2010

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
some pictures of floral displays I took back in the height of Summer.
some may know me for my Motorsport pictures but gardening is another of my joys in life. Never really bothered to put photography and flowers together before But looking at these I cant wait for spring and summer 2011

1 Sunflowers
5422460414_1f6174dfa2_b.jpg

2 Fuchsias
5421855903_ff99eef21f_b.jpg

3 not sure what this is
5422461838_6b1e01bd79_b.jpg

4 Lillys
5421857137_e65d361d82_b.jpg

5 Tomatoes
5422462852_29cc5b54a4_b.jpg

6 Dahlias
5421857905_ea3b8e58f2_b.jpg

The last one is fabulous :)

Just seen your plea for help....must admit to being out of my depth in this section
As for gardening....doesn't extend much further than perhaps sweeping up the debris off the track :D
Shots are well taken and I'd have to go for the tomatoes...along with a little crusty bread and some cheese ;) :cool:

nice work there chris.

i think the ones that work best are ones that have been kept simple. with that in mind #2 and #3 are too 'busy' and have no real point of interest (that's probably not the best explanation but i hope you know what i mean).

#6 being my favourite! (y)

They're all beautifully crisp clear images with excellent colours :clap:

#2 and #3 - I wouldn't have said it's lack of point of interest, it's just the balance in the photo - I would say that it's all a bit too "central" (probably a throwback to motorsport togging!) - I think pushing things more to one side or t'other would prolly help.

#5 - probably my favourite in terms of balance, but it's a shame you lopped the F slightly - the OOF works well, but cutting the F off detracts IMO.

#1 and #4 - I quite like these, the only niggle is the unopened bud in the lilies...

#6 - dunno - just doesn't do it for me... Too much white? :shrug:

Generally though, a nice set, but I think the composition just needs tweaking (possibly think more about the rule of thirds?) (y)

Martyn and Leigh thanks for taking the time to look and your comments.
Nigel, perfect, great crit that has been very helpful. Very good point about the rule of thirds, Thankyou

Back