Sparrowhawk... better reflection

I really want to like these, I really do, as I'm aware of the effort you've put into this. However, I'm sorry but none of them work for me at all. Not even slightly! If I cover up the reflection with my hand on the screen, I think they are fantastic.

It takes all sorts and I suppose I'm just one of the 'non reflection' sorts.;)

Dont be silly we all have different tastes. No one is harder to please than me. 90% of the photos on this forum drive me nuts and bore me to death. Same old stuff over and over with the imagination of a tree stump used. So thats why I have no problem with your post and I thank you for it. Ill continue to keep trying something different though )))

Last edited:
Hi Alan
I know the work you have put in and it is a minor crit if his tail feathers were just that bit further from the water the images would be perfect that said I would like them in my portfolio sometimes we need that extra bit of luck. But if we were all honest if every picture we got was easy it wouldn't be half the fun would it. Keep up the good work.
Regards Richard
P.s I know you will get the one you are after sooner or later

Hi Alan
I know the work you have put in and it is a minor crit if his tail feathers were just that bit further from the water the images would be perfect that said I would like them in my portfolio sometimes we need that extra bit of luck. But if we were all honest if every picture we got was easy it wouldn't be half the fun would it. Keep up the good work.
Regards Richard
P.s I know you will get the one you are after sooner or later

Yes Richard, only my 2nd attempt so its all a learning curve. The light has been too harsh both times as well. I could play it safe and keep taking perched shots over and over again, but my 7 year old son could do that so its hardly a challenge :) Ive got plenty of ideas in mind just need a few things to come together. Thanks

I like them Alan - a little different.

I think they would be better If the bird was facing us (with the tail behind) so the bird and reflection weren't 'joined' but that's irrelevant if that pose wasn't there to be had.

I like them Alan - a little different.

I think they would be better If the bird was facing us (with the tail behind) so the bird and reflection weren't 'joined' but that's irrelevant if that pose wasn't there to be had.

Some people do not like change Phil. Thanks for the comment. I actually got some facing so here you are. :)

View attachment 9642

That's what I was thinking of (y)

The reflection may not be as clear as the others due to the water surface however I think that puts the emphasis back on the bird.

Back